facebook

Issue with Angular IDE Debug in Chrome

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

eokumu
    Participant

Hello

I am using Angular IDE and Webclipse

node.js 10.2.1
    npm 6.0.1
    Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a)
    Build id: 20180405-1200
    angular IDE ver 1.11.0.201

I am trying to debug using chroms on the webclipse angular cli server.

When I try to debug it gives me this error

Cannot run program “/Applications/Google Chrome.app” (in directory “/Users/elvis/eclipse-workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.javascript.debug.wip.core/chrome-user-dir”): error=13, Permission denied

I have tried updating all of the permission using the chmod +x command on both files listed above to no avail.

My eclipse workspace was working just fine before the weekend then all of a sudden on the following Monday I saw that I had this workspace error.

Any information or help would be appreciated.

#590083 Reply

support-swapna

Elvis,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem.

1. Can you please recheck if there were any updates to your machine recently which might have broken the permissions?

2. Please check if the issue persists in a new workspace as well?
    If the issue persists in a new workspace as well, then please share with us the full workspace log by clicking on the ‘Export Log’ icon in the Error Log view for further investigation. Also share with us your OS and version details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#590137 Reply

support-swapna

Elvis,

Just checking if you made any progress with the Chrome debug problem. I assume you can successfully access Chrome outside of the IDE.

You can check if the browser can be opened from within the IDE by running this command: open "/Applications/Google Chrome.app" in the Terminal+ view.

If the browser does not open and if you see any errors logged in the Terminal+ view, then please share with us the entire output of the Terminal+ view for further investigation. Also share with us the OS and version details.

Please let us know how you get on with this problem.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#590141 Reply

eokumu
    Participant

The Creating a new work-space worked. Thank you.

#590144 Reply

eokumu
    Participant

I may have spoken too soon. It seems that I cannot create new Angular projects in my new workspace.

Could you give me instructions on how to get the error log?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #590148 Reply

eokumu
    Participant

Here is my system information.

Attachments:
    #590309 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Elvis,

Thanks for the information. The screenshots reveal some odd output from the ng command. It seems that the error is occurring on the ng version command, which is then looking for the node_modules folder in the wrong location. However, it’s not clear why that folder comes into play for that command.

Could you please try this again and send us the full output from the terminal view (just copy the full contents to a text file and attach it to your reply)? That might give us some hints.

In case it doesn’t help, though, could you try replicating the situation at the point that command is issued? Firstly, click the No button when asked if you want to delete the project because of the error. Now open a new terminal in the Terminal+ view for the project. Then go to the parent folder there (it would put you in the project’s home folder by default) with cd ... Then start tracing commands with set -x and finally run the following command: AngularProject/node_modules/.bin/ng version where “AngularProject” is the name of the new project. Please attach the output of the last command with your reply.

Just to confirm, we did try creating a new Angular project with the same versions of node and npm that you used (10.2.1 and 6.0.1 respectively) on OS X High Sierra and saw no problems. I don’t think the version of the OS is significant, so it’s more likely to be something in your set up. Hopefully, this new information would give us enough to figure out the problem but if you have any more information that you think might be relevant, please include that also.

Lastly, note that you can always create a project outside of eclipse (if you have node, npm and angular/cli installed in the system) and import it as an Angular project. You may want to try that as an alternative for now.

#590326 Reply

eokumu
    Participant
    Downloading and extracting Node 10.3.0...
    Node.js version:    v10.3.0
    NPM version:        6.0.1
    npm install @angular/cli@6.0.8

> fsevents@1.2.4 install /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular/node_modules/fsevents
    > node install

[fsevents] Success: "/Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular/node_modules/fsevents/lib/binding/Release/node-v64-darwin-x64/fse.node" already installed
    Pass --update-binary to reinstall or --build-from-source to recompile

> @angular/cli@6.0.8 postinstall /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular/node_modules/@angular/cli
    > node ./bin/ng-update-message.js

npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular/package.json'
    npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
    npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular/package.json'
    npm WARN Angular No description
    npm WARN Angular No repository field.
    npm WARN Angular No README data
    npm WARN Angular No license field.

+ @angular/cli@6.0.8
    added 315 packages from 208 contributors in 17.988s
    [+] no known vulnerabilities found [8839 packages audited]

Node.js version:    v10.3.0
    NPM version:        6.0.1
    Angular/node_modules/.bin/ng version && Angular/node_modules/.bin/ng new Angular --skip-git
    ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir '/Users/elvis/Documents/node_modules'
    Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir '/Users/elvis/Documents/node_modules'
        at Object.fs.readdirSync (fs.js:893:3)
        at VersionCommand.run (/Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular/node_modules/@angular/cli/commands/version.js:48:19)
        at /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular/node_modules/@angular/cli/models/command-runner.js:278:30
        at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
        at fulfilled (/Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular/node_modules/@angular/cli/models/command-runner.js:4:58)

#590327 Reply

eokumu
    Participant

This is the full output. I will probably use an online IDE in the meantime.

#590328 Reply

eokumu
    Participant
    $ set -x
    +++ show_command_in_title_bar
    +++ case "$BASH_COMMAND" in
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;echo TPStart > /dev/null\007'
    ++ echo TPStart
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;history -w "$HISTFILE"2\007'
    ++ history -w /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history2
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;cat "$HISTFILE" "$HISTFILE"2\007'
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;awk '\''{a[i++]=$0} END {for (j=0; j<i; j++)       if ((!b[a[j]]++ && a[j] != a[i-1]) || j == i-1) print a[j]}'\'' > "$HISTFILE"new\007'
    ++ cat /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history2
    ++ awk '{a[i++]=$0} END {for (j=0; j<i; j++)       if ((!b[a[j]]++ && a[j] != a[i-1]) || j == i-1) print a[j]}'
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;history -c\007'
    ++ history -c
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;rm "$HISTFILE"\007'
    ++ rm /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;mv "$HISTFILE"new "$HISTFILE"\007'
    ++ mv /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_historynew /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;history -r "$HISTFILE"\007'
    ++ history -r /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history
    ++ echo -ne '\033]0;/Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular\007'
    ++ __git_ps1
    ++ local exit=0
    ++ local pcmode=no
    ++ local detached=no
    ++ local 'ps1pc_start=\u@\h:\w '
    ++ local 'ps1pc_end=\$ '
    ++ local 'printf_format= (%s)'
    ++ case "$#" in
    ++ printf_format=' (%s)'
    ++ local ps1_expanded=yes
    ++ '[' -z '' ']'
    ++ '[' -z '3.2.57(1)-release' ']'
    ++ shopt -q promptvars
    ++ local repo_info rev_parse_exit_code
    +++ git rev-parse --git-dir --is-inside-git-dir --is-bare-repository --is-inside-work-tree --short HEAD
    ++ repo_info=
    ++ rev_parse_exit_code=128
    ++ '[' -z '' ']'
    ++ return 0

~/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular
    $ Angular/node_modules/.bin/ng version
    ++ show_command_in_title_bar
    ++ case "$BASH_COMMAND" in
    ++ echo -ne '\033]0;Angular/node_modules/.bin/ng version\007'
    + Angular/node_modules/.bin/ng version
    bash: Angular/node_modules/.bin/ng: No such file or directory
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;echo TPStart > /dev/null\007'
    ++ echo TPStart
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;history -w "$HISTFILE"2\007'
    ++ history -w /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history2
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;cat "$HISTFILE" "$HISTFILE"2\007'
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;awk '\''{a[i++]=$0} END {for (j=0; j<i; j++)       if ((!b[a[j]]++ && a[j] != a[i-1]) || j == i-1) print a[j]}'\'' > "$HISTFILE"new\007'
    ++ cat /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history2
    ++ awk '{a[i++]=$0} END {for (j=0; j<i; j++)       if ((!b[a[j]]++ && a[j] != a[i-1]) || j == i-1) print a[j]}'
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;history -c\007'
    ++ history -c
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;rm "$HISTFILE"\007'
    ++ rm /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;mv "$HISTFILE"new "$HISTFILE"\007'
    ++ mv /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_historynew /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history
    +++ echo -ne '\033]0;history -r "$HISTFILE"\007'
    ++ history -r /Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/.metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal/ProjectSettings/Angular/bash_history
    ++ echo -ne '\033]0;/Users/elvis/Documents/Work-Space2/Angular\007'
    ++ __git_ps1
    ++ local exit=127
    ++ local pcmode=no
    ++ local detached=no
    ++ local 'ps1pc_start=\u@\h:\w '
    ++ local 'ps1pc_end=\$ '
    ++ local 'printf_format= (%s)'
    ++ case "$#" in
    ++ printf_format=' (%s)'
    ++ local ps1_expanded=yes
    ++ '[' -z '' ']'
    ++ '[' -z '3.2.57(1)-release' ']'
    ++ shopt -q promptvars
    ++ local repo_info rev_parse_exit_code
    +++ git rev-parse --git-dir --is-inside-git-dir --is-bare-repository --is-inside-work-tree --short HEAD
    ++ repo_info=
    ++ rev_parse_exit_code=128
    ++ '[' -z '' ']'
    ++ return 127

#590456 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Elvis,

Unfortunately, you missed out a step so the terminal output you provided doesn’t give us any more information other than that the @angular/cli install step seems to be OK (the warnings can be ignored at this stage).

So, if possible, please repeat the steps, which I’ve laid out below in a clearer way:

1. Try to create a new Angular project again. If it fails, click the No button on the error dialog which asks if you want to delete the project.
    2. Go to the Terminal+ view, ensure the project you just created is selected in the Project: dropdown box and click the + button to create a new terminal session for the project
    3. In the new terminal session, enter the following commands:
      1. cd ..
      2. set -x
      3. AngularProject/node_modules/.bin/ng version
        Where “AngularProject” is the name of the project you just tried to create

In this way, we are trying to replicate the environment in which that ng command is being run and, in tracing the execution, we should get more information about the error you got. Please copy and paste the complete output of the terminal session and paste it into a new text file (for example “terminal.txt”) which you can attach to your reply (please avoid pasting the terminal output directly into your reply as the number of characters allowed in a reply is limited). You can attach a file by clicking the Browse button below the reply text area and selecting the text file.

I had also previously mentioned that you can create an Angular project outside of eclipse then import it into eclipse. If you have time, it would be interesting to see if this works in your set up. For information on creating an Angular project (external to eclipse), see this page. To import an Angular project, go to File->Import>Angular->Angular Project, then follow the wizard (note that the “root directory” is the directory containing the project files).

We should be able to get to the cause of the issue, if we have enough information, so I look forward to receiving your reply.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by support-tony.
    #590508 Reply

eokumu
    Participant

Ok here is the error message

Attachments:
    #590758 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Elvis,

Thanks for that. It looks like it might be treating your Documents folder as the project root, for some reason. At this point in creating the project, the project folder has not been fully set up and some parts of the ng command do check up the parent folders looking for certain files. I haven’t yet been able to figure out just what has been found to cause it to look for the node_modules folder in your Documents folder but could you check up the folder hierarchy from, and including, your workspace folder, to see if there are files and folders that appear to be related to an Angular project? For example, are there node_modules folders or package.json files in the hierarchy? (These are just examples, as I’m not sure exactly which files or folders might be causing this; please check for others.)

As a test, please create a workspace outside of your Documents folder (for example, /Users/elvis/workspace) and try to create an Angular project there.

Please let us know how you get on.

#590790 Reply

eokumu
    Participant

I think that did it. I was able to create a new angular project after creating a new workspace in my users’ folder. I will use this folder from here on out. And hopefully, nothing else goes wrong. Thank you.

#590847 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Elvis,

That’s great news.

We’d love to know what files or folders in the hierarchy of your original workspace folder caused this issue. If you have time could you let us know what you found, if anything? It would help us figure out if it is something we can check for in future.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Issue with Angular IDE Debug in Chrome

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in