facebook

Annoying issues in CodeMix 2

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

beleta1
    Participant

When working with CodeMix 2 I found some issues that are no blocking problems but are very annoying.

For instance:

1) In the new Terminal+ it is not possible to clear the console, also ctrl-c does not work and you have to close the tab to stop the process that is being run.

2) When I type a new sentence in the TypeScript editor I get I missing semicolon error that most of the times is not cleared when I type the semicolon. Then, the only way to clear it is to close the editor and reopen it, even if the validating watch task is active.

3) TypeScript editor does not show the line number where the cursor is as others Eclipse editors do. The only way to know the line number of a sentence is to display all the line numbers.

I will keep posting this kind of problems as I encounter them.

#600032 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Thanks for sharing these observations, we do appreciate your feedback. I have a couple of questions.

1) For the Terminal+ issue you have, is it running an interactive terminal? With this I mean a terminal you start with the + button from the Terminal view, or is something that starts of a given action, like creating an angular component, starting the angular server (ng serve) or the build pipeline action?

2) For the issue you get with the Typescript Editor with the semicolon could you share a small gif/video showing the issue in action?

3) Could you share a Screenshot on how you see the line number in other Eclipse Editors, not sure if I’ve seen this or we are thinking in the same thing. This is a really good catch.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#600034 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

1) Yes it is an interactive terminal started with the + button.
    2) See this video at YouTube
    3) Look the attached screenshot

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #600036 Reply

ignaciom

Thanks for the details and the video! I have other question about the terminal, have you tried the clear command? How are you looking to get the terminal to get clear? What OS are you running with? I remember using the ctrl+c at some point perhaps is platform dependent.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#600039 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

When running a ng test you cannot send another command. In the old Terminal+ there was a Clear menu accessible thru the mouse right click.

#600042 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

I forgot to say that the ctrl-c problem occurs in both Windows and OsX. The old Terminal+ accepted ctrl-c with no problems.

#600047 Reply

ignaciom

I’ve just tried ctrl+c on osx and windows while running ng serve and ng test and it did stop the command execution on my side. Do you have any more details you can share?

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#600048 Reply

ignaciom

Here you can find a gif of what I see on my side.

Cheers
    Ignacio

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #600055 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

Forget de ctrl-c problem, in Mac is working, but in Windows thru remote desktop no. I have not now access to a local Windows machine. Monday I will test in Windows locally.

#600074 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

Please, do no forget the ctrl-c problem in Windows. crtl-c in Terminal+ does not work in Eclipse 4.9 on Windows 10.

Regards.

#600087 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Thanks for all the details we will get to investigate on these problems.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#601549 Reply

Wojciech Galanciak
    Participant

beleta1,

We have just pushed out a new CodeMix update which fixes some issues related to error markers removal. If you still observe such issues, please pick up the latest update and see if it helps you.

Kind regards,
    Wojciech Galanciak

#601653 Reply

beleta1
    Participant

Yes, it seems that the error markers problem is solved.

Thank you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Annoying issues in CodeMix 2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in