facebook

ANSI Console hangs Eclipse when starting a SpringBoot application

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi

If you use “darkest dark” theme and try to start a SpringBoot application through the BootDashboard from STS plugin , eclipse hangs. It will eventually continue, but if you try to do something with the console, it will start to hang again.

Workaround is to turn off the “Enable ANSI console output” in the “Spring Boot App” configuration.

/Torben

#514576 Reply

support-swapna

Torben,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could not replicate the issue at my end with Eclipse Neon + STS and Darkest Dark theme.

Can you please give us some more details for further investigation ?

1. Please share with us Eclipse and STS version details. Also share with us the version of ANSI Console plugin from Help > About Eclipse > Installation Details > Installed Software.
    2. Can you please send us few thread dumps of java process during the time Eclipse hangs ?
    Here is Eclipse page on how to get thread dump: https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock .
    I prefer to use jstack [pid] > thread_dump.txt.

Please let me know if you have trouble getting the thread dump.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#514577 Reply

DarkestDarkTheme 1.7.2.201703011712

Spring Tool Suite
    Version: 3.8.3.RELEASE
    Build Id: 201612191351
    Platform: Eclipse Neon.2 (4.6.2)

STS includes – ANSI Console 1.3.3.201605090119

Eclipse Platform
    Version: 4.6.2.v20161124-1529
    Build id: M20161124-1400

I will try to get at few dumps

#514584 Reply

Hi, I have created to threaddumps. One when eclipse hangs while staring applicartion (once started and no more logging coours, eclipse starts running again), and another when trying to scroll after startup finished and eclipse is responsive again.

/Torben

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #515175 Reply

support-swapna

Torben,

Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for the details and the thread dumps.
    I have filed a bug report with the dev team to investigate further. We will keep you posted when we have more information about the fix.

We recently released an update to 2017 CI 3, CI 3b. If you haven’t yet updated, then please update to 2017 CI 3b from menu Help > Check for Updates and check if the issue persists.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#533273 Reply

miroki
    Participant

It’s funny though, but my Spring Tool Suite does exactly the same thing (dark theme + run as spring boot app+ansi) And the post owner’s solution works in STS, too. or if I change theme back to default;

Guess it’s to do with theme+ANSI compatibility. just my two cents

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: ANSI Console hangs Eclipse when starting a SpringBoot application

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in