facebook

AppStore Upload – 3rd party solution

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

Need to upload your app to the AppStore but don’t have a Mac – Read on

Uploading an iOS application to the iTunes AppStore requires use of Apple’s Application Loader utility. This utility only runs on Mac OSX; Windows users are left to find someone with a Mac, the Application Loader software and the time and patience. We have deferred providing an automated solution due to some challenging scenarios we encountered with our recent development. We plan to resume development of an automated upload service but not until after we release android platform support and a number of new designer widgets. In the meantime we would like to refer you to AppStoreUploader, a 3rd party company that provides manual app upload services to the AppStore for extremely low cost ($5 per upload).

See http://www.appstoreuploader.com to learn more about their simple low cost upload service.

#323878 Reply

Albatros78
    Participant

Hello Wayne,

Just for clarification please… Probably I missed something

This new web site seems very interesting to download any webapp through this easy interface for Windows users 🙂

But we need to provide our project into ipa format (iOS application) and to generate an ipa file we need to have a Apple subscription to “Apple iOS developer program”, to get certificate, keys ..etc… and to have possibility to generate ipa file from mobione with these certificates , keys…..

Does it right ?

But If we have an Apple Subsciption to build an iOS api file, we have also possibility to download the ipa file to the appstore because we have already paid our subscription to Apple (~100$/year)

Does it not right ?

Thanks for your help

#323883 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@Albatros78

>But If we have an Apple Subsciption to build an iOS api file, we have also possibility to download the ipa file to the appstore because we have already paid our subscription to Apple (~100$/year)

Your iOS Developer membership enables you to build appstore-ready apps. But Apple requires all iTunes uploads be performed using the OSX Application Loader utility. So if you have a Mac with the Application Loader util you are good-to-go for uploading your ipa file created by MobiOne to the AppStore. If you don’t have a mac then this service AppStoreUploader.com will perform the upload of your .ipa file for $5 USD.

#323896 Reply

Albatros78
    Participant

and need in anycase to buy Apple “iOS developer program”…. to generate ipa file with certificate provides by Apple !

Right ?

#323898 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@Albatros78

>and need in anycase to buy Apple “iOS developer program”…. to generate ipa file with certificate provides by Apple !

Correct! Our upcoming android solutions will include a utility to generate a self-signed certificate that you can use directly to build apps with no additional costs. So none of the apple provisioning shenanigans with android. I believe the Android Marketplace cost is something like $25.

#325400 Reply

kaanmm

hello wayne

I misunderstood or didnt understand something clearly…now I want to buy Mobione with $99 and after that I wiil be able to develop and test my ios projects on windows by testing it on emulators and real devices of me. addition to it I will be able to click the url of the build and install it from itunes.

but when building it, there has to be a certificate file (develop or distribution) and .p12 file etc.. so it means that I have to buy the Apple ios developer programme too with $99/a year. because I will have these files after buying it too. Am I wrong or not? It costs $99 x2 in total..OR will mobione give these certificates,etc to me by itself? I dont understand clearly the advantages of it except the design features,rapid developments,…

It is good to use WeTransfer (appstoreuploader.com) instead of Application Loader on a Mac by paying $5, but it needs an Apple account too. Does this account need to be a normal Apple account or be an ios development account where it means to pay $99 again I have said above.

Shortly does Mobione give certificates,etc and register us automatically to Apple or not ?

thanks a lot for your helps 🙂

#325449 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@kaanmm

> I will have these files after buying it too. Am I wrong or not? It costs $99 x2 in total..OR will mobione give these certificates,etc to me by itself? I dont understand clearly the advantages of it except the design features,rapid developments,…

Yes, to create Apple iOS native applications there is the additional cost of Apple’s iOS developer program membership in order to acquire a digital certificate and provisioning data required by Apple. I think you answered your own question about advantages of mobione, “…design features, rapid development…” But I’ll add to the list with no extra cost for Mac hardware and the no hassle from dick’n with XCode projects and Objective-C. And now we are introducing cross-platform features for Android which you can build and test an app in minutes without the up front cost of Apple’s dev program.

>It is good to use WeTransfer (appstoreuploader.com) instead of Application Loader on a Mac by paying $5, but it needs an Apple account too. Does this account need to be a normal Apple account or be an ios development account where it means to pay $99 again I have said above.

Actually I’m not sure. I have only every uploaded apps to apple accounts that have an iOS dev membership subscription associated with them.

>Shortly does Mobione give certificates,etc and register us automatically to Apple or not ?

No, this is not possible. You must purchase your own iOS developer subscription from apple and manage that relationship directly.

#325497 Reply

kaanmm

@support-wayne

Thank you very much for your detailed answers about costing..I get it now clearly, so I will buy an Apple Id too, update the one I have now and get mobione..

in xcode somethings are difficult to do, visual designs, more animations,graphics,etc..I try to use more usable IDE.

no extra cost for mac hardware and usability for android are so good things..I think I can buy mobione in next days…

>Actually I’m not sure. I have only every uploaded apps to apple accounts that have an iOS dev membership subscription associated with them.

Yes this apple account just you said like has to be, I think, an apple account that have an ios dev membership subscription, because you cant upload the application to Apple store in this case. so like the case of taking ios dev programme it is necessary too with this logic I think…

Ok thanks again Wayne

#328576 Reply

parkstad

To produce a iOS Development Provisioning Profile I have
    1: a profile name (i have
    2: a certicate (i have
    3: app id (i have
    4: device: can this be a IPOD Touch ????

#328584 Reply

Hi parkstad,

Yes, iPod touch will work. You just need to find your device UUID and make sure it is registered in your provisioning profile.

#333087 Reply

Ideaweb

I faced this issue. Needing the Application Loader

I was honestly not keen on handing over my login information, which made me turn to setting up and emulated version of Lion OSX on PC.

An absolute over the top mobione feature suggestion could be an MACOSX server with remote access and Application Loader.Login from mobione users . No itunes connect user detail cached.

Easy, fast and no details given.

#334417 Reply

Georgia

is there a way to Upload to AppStore through mobione?

cheers,
    Georgia

#334420 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@Georgia

>is there a way to Upload to AppStore through mobione?

Please see the initial post that explains why we use AppStoreUploader.com:
    http://www.genuitec.com/support-genuitec/viewtopic.php?p=5942#p5942

#334422 Reply

Georgia

I visited AppStoreUploader.com and I went to iTunes but where should I get the .ipa file of my MobiOne application?

cheers,
    Georgia

#334438 Reply

@Georgia,

To build your ipa, you should follow the steps provided in Building an iOS application doc and then you can use the .ipa file gotten in http://www.appstoreuploader.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: AppStore Upload – 3rd party solution

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in