facebook

Artifacts when scrolling

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

realiserad
    Participant

Eclipse Darkest Dark is the best theme for Eclipse, hands down. But, unfortunately I’m unable to use it on my XPS laptop due to scrolling issues where items are greyed out. See attached gif.

Eclipse version: Oxygen 4.7.1a
    Screen resolution: 1920×1080

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    This topic was linked to an Issue on October 23, 2017 at 7:25 am
    #540308 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

realiserad,

Sorry you’re seeing this problem with Darkest Dark. Could you please clarify/confirm a few things?

1. Are seeing these greyed out lines on (and only on) all views that require scroll bars?
    2. Do the greyed out lines recover when the mouse pointer is moved over them?
    3. Are you using a desktop theme other than the default (Ambiance)?
    4. Have you changed any Darkest Dark settings?
    5. Have you enabled DevStyle?<

I haven’t been able to replicate the issue on Ubuntu 16.04 with Oxygen 1a but will raise the issue for the development team to investigate once you’ve clarified those points.

#540428 Reply

realiserad
    Participant

Posting again, because I can’t see my response.

Are seeing these greyed out lines on (and only on) all views that require scroll bars?

Yes, except the window which contains code. It works without problems! However, I also see it in the “Open Resource” window even when there is no vertical scrollbar. So maybe it is a bug which appears in situations where items are listed in a “Listbox” (like in .NET) if there is such a thing in Eclipse.

Do the greyed out lines recover when the mouse pointer is moved over them?

Yes, always. But there are some glitches. See attached video.

Are you using a desktop theme other than the default (Ambiance)?

Yes, I use OSX-Arc-Darker as theme. I also have “Global Dark Theme” enabled in Tweak Tool. Tried to disable this setting, revert back to Ambiance and restart Eclipse. The problem still persists.

Downgrading to GTK2 by editing eclipse.ini solves the problem but does not look good.

I have a desktop computer with an almost identical setup and Darkest Dark works well there (I don’t remember if dev-style is enabled though, it may be disabled when I’m thinking about it, will check soon). The only other difference I can tell is that the XPS has a 4k screen, although I use a lower resolution as described above.

Have you changed any Darkest Dark settings?

Again, see attached video files 🙂

Have you enabled DevStyle?

Yes.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by realiserad.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #540596 Reply

support-swapna

realiserad,

Thank you for the details. I have filed a bug for the dev team to investigate further.
    We will get back to you if we need more information.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#597256 Reply

realiserad
    Participant

Hi!

I just want to say that I don’t experience this issue with Darkest Dark anymore.

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by realiserad.
    #597280 Reply

support-swapna

realiserad,

Glad that you are no longer seeing this issue. Thank you for taking the time out and letting us know.
    Please let us know if you are seeing any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Artifacts when scrolling

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in