facebook

Awww Byjeah ! 3.1 Final has been declared..

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Eclipse News
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

i think 3 Ms

#231930 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

No, more like 3. We’re targeting the GA release at early/mid August.

#232072 Reply

arjan.tijms

I see.

Say, wouldn’t it be convenient to have a MyEclipse 3.8.4 stable for Eclipse 3.1? If you could get a QA’ed release of that out of the door right now, I think this would be handy to have. (about) two months for 4.0GA is still a long time, and some people might want to start with 3.1 development right now in a production environment.

On the other hand, if making a QA’ed 3.8.4 release for 3.1 takes a significant amount of time it would be quite a waste to do it, since it’s only needed to bridge the wait for 4.0GA.

#232073 Reply

I’d like a 3.8.4 for 3.1, too. I wouldn’t think it’d be hard, since you’ve been making milestones for each Eclipse 3.1 Milestone, right ?

#232095 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I’d like a 3.8.4 for 3.1, too.

On the other hand, if making a QA’ed 3.8.4 release for 3.1 takes a significant amount of time it would be quite a waste to do it, since it’s only needed to bridge the wait for 4.0GA.

Sorry guys, but the work is actually quite large (actually as large as it was to do the 4.0M2 port). Additionally, due to the volume of work we’d have to do a full QA effort, again, on 3.8.4 since so much would’ve changed. Instead, we invested the resources in 4.0M2 so that all of the 3.8.4 features are production quality and the new features are also quite usable, just not yet finished. At the present time, we’re not planning a 3.8.4 port for Eclipse 3.1 since it really wouldn’t be 3.8.4 anymore, due to the level of effort. Over the last couple of days we’ve had about 10,000 downloads of 4.0M2 for 3.1 and no showstoppers reported, on either new or existing functionality. Please give it a go and let us know what you think.

#232200 Reply

Ok then, wating anxiously for the next 4.0 milestone to come…

#232201 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

While you’re waiting, I hope you’re using M2; it really is a solid release.

#232299 Reply

Jay Graves

The download page for 4.0M2 states that it is for Eclipse 3.1 RC3. Will it work with the final 3.1?

#232300 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Yes it works with 3.1 GA.

#234148 Reply

hifisoftware

Can you tell us when you expect to be done with the next milestone? I am mostly looking for a way to generate UML from existing classes and in M2 that piece is disabled.

#234154 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Week or two. We are wrapping or have wrapped all major work for it internally, so it’s getting close.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Awww Byjeah ! 3.1 Final has been declared..

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in