facebook

Breadcrumb doesn't work & Theme Change

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

piyush286
    Participant

Hello,

I tried searching whether there’s already a post on these issues but I apologize in case these issues turn out to be duplicates since I’m new to this forum.

I’ve been trying to figure out why my breadcrumb doesn’t work. Nothing changes if I toggle on or off the breadcrumb button. I’ve posted a screenshot of my toolbar, showing that breadcrumb is missing even though the toggle button is enabled. As a result, I can’t work with full screen since that makes the top bar disappear, which acts as an inferior substitute to breadcrumb in showing the file path. Is this feature specific to some perspective? I’ve tried several perspectives but breadcrumb doesn’t seem to work for any of them.

I’ve had this problem since Eclipse 2018-09 when I first cleaned installed Eclipse. I was hoping this problem would go away when I upgrade to Eclipse 2018-12 but the problem still persists. In fact, I feel that the selected workbench theme (Darkest Dark) and editor theme (Darkest Dark) seem to be different and faded as compared to the themes, which look similar to the one shown here: https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/darkest-dark-theme-devstyle#group-screenshots or the attached DevStyle Preference screenshot, before the upgrade even though I haven’t changed those settings, themes appearing more grey than black. Not sure if that’s something that I feel or if the themes seem to have actually changed.

I’ve attached the following things:
    1) Toolbar screenshot
    2) DevStyle Preference
    3) Eclipse Version
    4) Eclipse Configurations

I can provide more info if needed. I would really appreciate if someone could help me fix these 2 issues.

Eclipse Version:
    Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
    Version: 2018-12 (4.10.0)
    Build id: 20181214-0600

Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #608013 Reply

support-swapna

Piyush,

Sorry that you are seeing problems with BreadCrumb and DevStyle themes. Thank you for the details and the screenshots. I see the BreadCrumb working at my end with Eclipse 2018-12 and DevStyle. It could be a problem with the perspective or the workspace at your end.

1. Do you see this problem in a fresh workspace as well?
    2. Have you tried resetting the current perspective (Window > Perspective > Reset Perspective)? Does it help?
    3. Please try opening a New Window from Window > New Window to see if the BreadCrumb appears.
    4. From your screenshot I see ‘Package Explorer’, but in my C/C++ install I see ‘Project Explorer’. Can you please open the ‘Project Explorer’ view from Window > Show View and check if the BreadCrumb appears?

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with these suggestions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#608340 Reply

piyush286
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Thank you so much for the reply! I really love the DevStyle dark theme and the breadcrumb feature but seems like I’m not having any luck with breadcrumb in my new setup.

Breadcrumb currently works fine on my old Mac, which has Eclipse with almost the same configs as the ones on Eclipse running on my new Mac.

I tried all those 4 steps but breadcrumb didn’t work. Strangely, even step 1 didn’t do the job. I downloaded a new copy of Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers and when I launched that with a new workspace, I got the “Import wizard” (see screenshot) telling me to install DevStyle. I’m surprised why I got that pop-up even though it’s a new install and workspace. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing DevStyle theme on my Eclipse but that didn’t do the job either.

Wasn’t breadcrumb a default feature of Eclipse once upon a time? I believe newer Eclipse versions don’t have it since I don’t see any references on Google.
    https://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user%2Freference%2Fref-java-editor-breadcrumb.htm
    https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/learning-eclipse-java/9781771372824/video191004.html

Please let me know if you need logs or something that could help with this investigation.

Thanks a ton!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by piyush286.
    Attachments:
    #608362 Reply

support-swapna

Piyush,

It looks like JDT’s BreadCrumb is only available for Eclipse Java/JEE IDE and not for C/C++ version.
    https://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user%2Freference%2Fref-java-editor-breadcrumb.htm

Can you please switch to a new workspace, toggle the BreadCrumb icon (off and then on) in the Tool Bar and share with us the workspace log file by clicking on the icon for ‘Export Log’ in the Error Log view and attach it here.

Attached is the screenshot showing the BreadCrumb icon in the tool bar.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Breadcrumb doesn't work & Theme Change

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in