facebook

Can’t install from personal site

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Balazs D. Toth
    Participant

Hi,
    I installed Eclipse CDT 6.0.2 by browsing the avaliable software. But I need an extension from the following personal site: http://gnuarmeclipse.sourceforge.net/updates.
    I added it with the ‘add site’ function. It shows up on both sides of the ‘Software’ tab and I find it in the ‘Common\plugins’ directory, but I can’t use it. Buut seemingly it is not integrated into MyEclipse, I can’t use it and I can’t see it in the installation details.
    Balazs Toth

#309617 Reply

Balazs D. Toth
    Participant

Hi,
    I know what the problem is but I don’t know the solution.
    When using traditional Eclipse ‘Add site’ function it is necessary to uncheck ‘Group items by category’.
    How can I do this using MyEclipse Configuration Center?
    It’s urgent!
    Balazs Toth

#309637 Reply

Balazs,
    I am not sure if you have added your plugin to your profile. Can you clarify if you added the features listed under the update site to your profile?
    After adding the update site, it will be added under “Browse Software” and “My Software”. If you expand the update site, a list of features is displayed which can be added to the profile by selecting “Add to Profile” from the context menu of each item listed. Once all the features are added, the changes will be available under “Software Update Available” and when “Apply Changes” button is clicked, the plugin is installed to the profile. I have attached a screen shot for your reference.
    In case you have already done the above steps, can you share the update site for the “Eclipse CDT 6.0.2” and list out the steps in detail to replicate your issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #309641 Reply

Balazs D. Toth
    Participant

Shalini,
    Thanks for the answer.
    I was a fool, and I forgot to add it to my profile.
    (My question came from the fact that installing it on Eclipse I had to change the default settings.)
    Balazs

#309663 Reply

Welcome!!
    do let us know if you have any issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Can’t install from personal site

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in