facebook

Cannot create deployment WAR file [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sprint-TX

I am using MyEclipseIDE with Sun Java Desktop System (Linux – SUSE 8.1). The IDE is working fine with the following exceptions:

1. JSP/HTML cannot preview – from what I can tell through the posts, this is an issue with GTK2

2. Cannot make a WAR file – I have Tomcat 4.1 installed and working and the IDE can start/stop the server. However, when I try to make a deployment (either expanded or packaged), I am not able to ADD any deployments for my application. I click on the deployment ICOn and the display shows, but when I click on ADD – nothing happens.

I need to test my application, but cannot make a deployment – please help asap since my deadline for this is today.

#217432 Reply

Greg

1. You are correct, the preview requires Mozilla 1.4/6 with support for GTK2. Mozilla 1.7 and greater isn’t supported by Eclipse/SWT just yet.
    2. Can you make War files with other appservers or does this problem happen with all of them? Are you running the latest version of MyEclipse (3.8.2)? Are there any exceptions or errors in the eclipse error log?

#217441 Reply

Sprint-TX

There are not errors in the .log file, but I may have stumbled on a work-around. It seems that what I was doing was checking out a project from a repository by selecting check out as… and then selecting web project. For whatever reason this doesn’t work as I expected (cannot create deployment). So, I removed the project and this time selected check out as project and it came in just fine.

I don’t know if this is a bug with MyEclipse or Eclipse, or just simply due to a lack of knowledge on my part.

I did notice that after I posted my issue, that I was able to create new projects using New->Project->J2EE->Web Project and I can add deployments, just not able to do so from checking out the project as a web project.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Cannot create deployment WAR file [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in