facebook

Can't configure WAR explode deployment with Maven4MyEclipse on 2015 CI 14

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Maksym Gryevtsov
    Participant

Hi,

We are trying to migrate our maven multi module project from older version of MyEclipse where we used “eclipse:eclipse” to generate IDE environment. In 2015 CI we, as suggested, switched to Mave4MyEclispe.
    Everything looks OK, except we can’t force MyEclipse to deploy our WAR to RedHat EAP 6.3 in the expanded mode where all depended java util modules (part of the same maven project) would be unpack into WEB-INF/classes instead of going into WEB-INF/lib as jars. We import root POM with Mave4MyEclispe wizard.

Here is major settings I verified:
    – Merge Utility and EJB is active in Web project
    – Deployment Assembly shows auto(on) for all dependent projects

I tried to google it, and I got impression that m2eclipse doesn’t support it in principal in direct way (there are some Tomcat specific workaround with class path manipulations, but it’s not our case). So is it supported? It would be a major set back for our team.

Thanks,
    Maksym

#455250 Reply

support-swapna

Maksym,

It is a known issue with dependent projects deployment in exploded mode which is fixed in our latest CI release, CI 15.

Please update to CI 15 from Help > Check for updates. If you still see the issue with the deployment in CI 15, then please send us all the .* files (.settings,.classpath,.project) along with the pom.xml of the project and its modules for further investigation.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#455308 Reply

Maksym Gryevtsov
    Participant

Upgrade to CI 15 helped.

Thanks a lot.

#455411 Reply

support-swapna

Maksym,

Glad that it works.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Can't configure WAR explode deployment with Maven4MyEclipse on 2015 CI 14

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in