facebook

Can’t launch Eclipse with DevStyle and Darkest Dark Theme installed.

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

EmberBBG
    Participant

I have installed the Darkest Dark theme with DevStyle on Eclipse, and now it gives me the error:
    Fails to create improved startup dialogue, falling back to Eclipse standard dialogue. Please check Eclipse configuration logs for details. (an image is attached).
    There is an image on the question I posted on stack overflow, which can be found here. As can be seen on my question on stack overflow, I am using Ubuntu Linux and I have tried removing and reinstalling Eclipse using snap AND the Ubuntu Software Archive, but that has not fixed the issue. Since posting the question on stack overflow, I have tried removing Eclipse with snap and then searching for all files and directories that have “eclipse” in the name and deleting them permanently, then reinstalling Eclipse but I STILL have the problem. If there is any way I can fix this or remove DevStyle that would be great. Thanks for help in advance!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by EmberBBG.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #679716 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please check if the suggestion here helps fix the problem?

If you are still seeing the issue, then the configuration logs should be under Eclipse installation dir/configuration folder. Please share the .log file from the configuration folder to help us investigate further. Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here. Also share your OS and exact version details along with Eclipse version details (Help > About Eclipse dialog) and the JDK that is being used to start Eclipse.

As a quick fix, remove this file Eclipse installation dir/configuration/.settings/org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs and select a different workspace manually during launch. Do let us know how this helps.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#679826 Reply

EmberBBG
    Participant

Thank you so much Swapna! I tried the first suggestion and it has fixed my problem! Thank you so much!

#679835 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Glad that it works. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Do let us know if you see any issues with DevStyle.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Can’t launch Eclipse with DevStyle and Darkest Dark Theme installed.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in