facebook

CDT toolchain selection broken

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kevinsikes
    Participant

I upgraded to DevStyle 1.11.0.201903292252 and discovered that if I create a new C++ project and select anything other than Executable | Empty Project, that the Toolchains selection box is empty and defaults to Cross GCC. There is no way to select MinGW GCC. Screenshot attached.
    Using Eclipse 2019-03 (4.11.0) and CDT 9.7.0.201903092251 on Windows 10 ver. 1809.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by kevinsikes. Reason: Add Eclipse and CDT versions
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #612190 Reply

kevinsikes
    Participant
    #612232 Reply

Aaron Lara

@kevinsikes, sorry you are running into this issue 🙁 and Thanks for the details provided. I filed a bug to investigate the regression.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#612617 Reply

Aaron Lara

Great news! We have a fix for this issue and it will be available in our next release. It would be helpful if you are available to give the fix a try by adding a patch to your installation. To do so follow the instructions:

0. Download and extract the attached plugins.zip file.
    1. Close Eclipse.
    2. Paste the extracted .jar file into Eclipse_Install_Dir/ide/plugins and make sure you override the existing one.
    3. Start Eclipse and verify the issue is solved.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #612635 Reply

kevinsikes
    Participant

This solves the GUI part of the problem (The toolchains are shown without the white box). However, even though I select MinGW GCC, which is the third item in the Toolchains listbox, Eclipse still uses Cross GCC, which is the first item in the listbox, when I get to the end of the new project wizard.

Thanks,
    Kevin

#612636 Reply

Aaron Lara

Kevin, I just tested the same with and without DevStyle and the Toolchains remain displaying Cross GCC regardless what I choose. I don’t know how it’s supposed to work to be honest, but that issue is unrelated to DevStyle. Sorry I don’t know much about CDT.

#612637 Reply

kevinsikes
    Participant

Interestingly, Eclipse suffers from this bug with its own dark theme — without DevStyle installed. Perhaps the bug lies with the theming engine in Eclipse or CDT.

#612638 Reply

kevinsikes
    Participant

We had the same thought and cross-posted :). Thanks for the quick responses!

Kevin

#612640 Reply

Aaron Lara

Ha! Yeah, I was thinking the same. Unfortunately this is rather an eclipse (CDT) bug itself. As you said, it’s possibly related to the theming engine.

I have seen issues like this when code tries to calculate colors based on the current background color resulting in out of bound values. But in this case we don’t even get any error in logs (might be swallowed). But who knows.

In this case the best is to report the issue to eclipse guys and hope they fix it :(.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Aaron Lara.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: CDT toolchain selection broken

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in