facebook

CI9 – HTML View error on CTRL

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

Issue
    Eclipse throw an error when CTRL is pressed on an open HTML file

System

• Windows 7
    • CI9

Package

• “@angular/cli”: “^1.5.4”
    • @angular/compiler-cli”: “5.0.3
    • “typescript”: “2.4.2”
    • “angular-ide”: “^0.9.38”

Repro Steps
    Press CTRL in HTML view

NOTES
    CTRL click on variables/components does not work
    Logs attached (error text & webclipse log)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #544102 Reply

support-swapna

John,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the details and the log file.

Can you please clarify if you are importing and registering a locale in your app.module.ts ?

I tried to replicate the problem at my end and see the below error logged only when I add locale specific code to the app.module.ts file but the Ctrl click in the HTML file works fine.

com.genuitec.eclipse.typescript.services.internal.Bridge$BridgeException: TypeError: Cannot read property 'version' of null

It would help if you can share your project to help us replicate the problem at our end. If possible, please send us the zipped project excluding the node_modules folder. Also the log you shared is a continuation and not the complete log. Please send us the complete log by clicking on ‘Export Log’ in the Error Log view.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#544103 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

For context, you can see more about the specific error you hit tracked here:
    https://github.com/angular/angular/issues/20260

The actual problem regarding cannot read property is related to the Angular 5 compiler. That said, please do provide the details Swapna requested as it will give us more information to go on to make sure the CTRL navigation is as reliable as possible!

Cheers.

#544110 Reply

John
    Participant

Thanks for pointing me to the language service. However, I am not importing the language service (I will look in this direction though).

Also, I do not have the option to export. The error is being shown in a popup (see attach screenshot).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #544112 Reply

John
    Participant

NOTE:
    I also verified no module is using the language service.

Also, I will look into creating a project to duplicate. Not sure when I can put this together.

Thanks!

#545698 Reply

support-swapna

John,

The fix for the problem with Ctrl+Click navigation is out with our latest release, 2017 CI 10. Please update to CI 10 from Help > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: CI9 – HTML View error on CTRL

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in