facebook

-clean triggers build to copy resources everytime

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Smitty
    Participant

Hi, recently moved from MyEclipse 6.0 to 8.6 and found a difference I think is a bug. I use the -clean in the ICON I use to start MyEclipse. In 6.0 my workspace would open and tools would initialize and it would be ready to use. In 8.6 I get tools initializing, but also get a build that starts. If I open the progress window I can see it’s kicking off a copy of resources and then kicks off a full build of my workspace. It does this every time I open MyEclipse and 6.0 never did this. I can remove the -clean and that fixes it, but I prefer to work from a clean workspace and don’t mind the extra start up time, minus the Full Build. I thought maybe it was some plugin issue, so I turned off (unchecked) loading all plugins at startup, but a full build of my workspace still kicks off. I have a very large project, so a full build is not something I want to do very often. I also removed the SpringBuilder from my .project file since I noticed it was firing off when I started my workspace also, but the build still fires also. I don’t have my workspace set to refresh at startup and I don’t see any other preference that would trigger this. Is this something new with 8.6 and if so, is there anyway to turn this off?

Thanks,
    Smitty

#312296 Reply

smitty_in_vancouver,

When you launch the MyEclipse for the first time it builds the entire workspace. By default – Build Automatically option under Projects is checked. You can uncheck this option and give it a try.

Do let us know how it works for you.

#312318 Reply

Smitty
    Participant

I want the Build Automatically under Projects checked because this controls the incremental builds when I update a single file. We always keep this checked so we are sure our Deployment is kept in sync. So, it did do a full build the very first time I checked this, but all subsequent builds are supposed to only be for files that have changed. When I start MyEclipse there are no files that should have changed since my last build, but it triggers a build anyway and it’s a full build. I’m sure this is a bug. It should only do a full build when you select Projects – Clean and select the entire set of projects, like it used to work in 6.0.

I did try turning off the Project Build Automatically and yes that does prevent the build when I startup MyEclipse as expected, but as soon as I check it it performs a Full Build of the projects. I need to keep this checked as I mentioned above, but I do not want this new behavior of 8.6 that performs a Full build because it’s checked. It made sense how this worked in 6.0, but this does not make sense in 8.6. The build automatically should not be triggering full builds everytime I start MyEclipse.

Thanks,
    Smitty

Thanks,
    Smitty

#312342 Reply

Smitty,
    I shall escalate this issue to the dev team member.
    They will get back to you on this

#312687 Reply

Smitty
    Participant

This message has not been recovered.

#312695 Reply

Brian Fernandes

#312705 Reply

Smitty
    Participant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: -clean triggers build to copy resources everytime

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in