facebook

[Closed] Stopping WebLogic 9.1

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jheadley

Ever since upgrading to the new 4.1 version, I get errors when stopping WebLogic. It’s version 9.1 and starting the app server is not problem. Only stopping it produces these errors. Shutting down WebLogic with BEA’s shutdown scripts work fine and everything was fine in the prior MyEclipse release. Not a real big deal since it does still stop the app server, and more quickly this way than 4.0 did too. 😀

Connecting to weblogic server instance running at t3://localhost:7001 as username weblogic ...
    javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: t3://localhost:7001: Destination unreachable; nested exception is: 
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; No available router to destination]
    This Exception occured at Tue Jan 31 12:58:46 EST 2006
        at weblogic.jndi.internal.ExceptionTranslator.toNamingException(ExceptionTranslator.java:48)
        at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.toNamingException(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:739)
        at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:343)
        at weblogic.jndi.Environment.getContext(Environment.java:263)
        at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactory.java:117)
        at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
        at weblogic.management.scripting.WLSTHelper.populateInitialContext(WLSTHelper.java:492)
        at weblogic.management.scripting.WLSTHelper.initDeprecatedConnection(WLSTHelper.java:545)
        at weblogic.management.scripting.WLSTHelper.initConnections(WLSTHelper.java:285)
        at weblogic.management.scripting.WLSTHelper.connect(WLSTHelper.java:187)
        at weblogic.management.scripting.WLScriptContext.connect(WLScriptContext.java:61)
        at weblogic.management.scripting.utils.WLSTUtil.initializeOnlineWLST(WLSTUtil.java:124)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at org.python.core.PyReflectedFunction.__call__(PyReflectedFunction.java:160)
        at org.python.core.PyMethod.__call__(PyMethod.java:96)
        at org.python.core.PyObject.__call__(PyObject.java:248)
        at org.python.core.PyObject.invoke(PyObject.java:2016)
        at org.python.pycode._pyx6.connect$1(<iostream>:5)
        at org.python.pycode._pyx6.call_function(<iostream>)
        at org.python.core.PyTableCode.call(PyTableCode.java:208)
        at org.python.core.PyTableCode.call(PyTableCode.java:404)
        at org.python.core.PyFunction.__call__(PyFunction.java:184)
        at org.python.pycode._pyx18.f$0(C:\bea\user_projects\domains\CROWN\shutdown.py:1)
        at org.python.pycode._pyx18.call_function(C:\bea\user_projects\domains\CROWN\shutdown.py)
        at org.python.core.PyTableCode.call(PyTableCode.java:208)
        at org.python.core.PyCode.call(PyCode.java:14)
        at org.python.core.Py.runCode(Py.java:1135)
        at org.python.util.PythonInterpreter.execfile(PythonInterpreter.java:167)
        at weblogic.management.scripting.WLST.main(WLST.java:91)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at weblogic.WLST.main(WLST.java:29)
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: t3://localhost:7001: Destination unreachable; nested exception is: 
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; No available router to destination
        at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreate(RJVMFinder.java:199)
        at weblogic.rjvm.ServerURL.findOrCreateRJVM(ServerURL.java:137)
        at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate$1.run(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:324)
        at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:363)
        at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:147)
        at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:319)
        ... 37 more
    Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Destination unreachable; nested exception is: 
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; No available router to destination
        at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.bootstrap(ConnectionManager.java:465)
        at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.bootstrap(ConnectionManager.java:316)
        at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMManager.findOrCreateRemoteInternal(RJVMManager.java:255)
        at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMManager.findOrCreate(RJVMManager.java:199)
        at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreateRemoteServer(RJVMFinder.java:220)
        at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreate(RJVMFinder.java:187)
        ... 42 more
    Problem invoking WLST - Traceback (innermost last):
      File "C:\bea\user_projects\domains\CROWN\shutdown.py", line 1, in ?
      File "<iostream>", line 11, in connect
    WLSTException: 'Error occured while performing connect : Error getting the initial context. There is no server running at t3://localhost:7001 Use dumpStack() to view the full stacktrace'

Thanks,
    Jeff

#245775 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jeff,
    We weren’t aware of this, thanks for the heads up, we’ll take a look.

#245777 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jeff,
    Are you sure you hadn’t already stopped the app server? For example if you start it up, wait for it to finish then just execute stop, it does this every time?

#245778 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jeff,

This is peculiar for a couple of reasons. First, to shutdown WebLogic we simply call the script that WebLogic generates the first time the commandline shutdown is used (shutdown.py). Second, from the communication exception you’re seeing it looks to me like the script tried to connect to your WebLogic server but couldn’t find it. Could it be that a server wasn’t actually running at the time?

#245948 Reply

jheadley

Yes, the server is still running. I deleted the shutdown.py script, started/stopped WebLogic with BEA’s scripts and those executed fine and nothing was deployed. Then I opened MyEclipse and started WebLogic still with nothing deployed. It started fine. When I ask MyEclipse to stop WebLogic, that is when I get the errors. I am unaware of any config changes on my part. I updated to MyEclipse 4.1 and that is when the errors started. I updated to WebLogic 9.1 prior to the 4.1 update and MyEclipse 4.0 was working fine with WebLogic 9.1. Below is what I see in MyEclipse when it starts WebLogic if that helps at all.

<Feb 2, 2006 1:24:40 PM EST> <Info> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000377> <Starting WebLogic Server with Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Version 1.5.0_04-b05 from Sun Microsystems Inc.> 
    <Feb 2, 2006 1:24:42 PM EST> <Info> <Management> <BEA-141107> <Version: WebLogic Server 9.1  Mon Dec 12 19:26:33 EST 2005 689178 > 
    <Feb 2, 2006 1:24:48 PM EST> <Info> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000215> <Loaded License : C:\bea\license.bea> 
    <Feb 2, 2006 1:24:48 PM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to STARTING> 
    <Feb 2, 2006 1:24:48 PM EST> <Info> <WorkManager> <BEA-002900> <Initializing self-tuning thread pool> 
    <Feb 2, 2006 1:24:48 PM EST> <Notice> <Log Management> <BEA-170019> <The server log file C:\bea\user_projects\domains\CROWN\servers\AdminServer\logs\AdminServer.log is opened. All server side log events will be written to this file.> 
    <Feb 2, 2006 1:24:51 PM EST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090082> <Security initializing using security realm myrealm.> 
    <Feb 2, 2006 1:24:55 PM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to STANDBY> 
    <Feb 2, 2006 1:24:55 PM EST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to STARTING> 

Jeff

#246340 Reply

jheadley

Also, if it helps, I can start WebLogic through MyEclipse and if I execute BEA’s shutdown script (stopWebLogic.cmd); that will successfully stop WebLogic too.

#246639 Reply

toconnor

I have noticed the same problem. However, if I launch weblogic 9.1 (from myEclipse) in “running” mode, then the myEclipse shutdown seems to work. It is only if I launch in debug mode (which is usually the case) that the shutdown fails as described.

#246649 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This should be fixed in 4.1.1 due out soon, sorry for the inconvenience.

#247706 Reply

jheadley

Seems to be working fine now in the new release. Thank you.

Jeff

#247722 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Glad to hear it Jeff.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Stopping WebLogic 9.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in