facebook

[Closed] Unable to extract the compressed file

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ed ross

While trying to install my eclipse, I only get a few seconds into the install and get this pop-up message. “Unable to extract the compressed file – please get another copy of the installer and try again”

I’ve downloaded three different times, and tried the 5.5 milestone release, all with the same results.

I’m running windows xp; I’ve disables every security item on the pc but still get the same results.

Any thoughts, or manual way to install.

thx

#267802 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Ed,

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue. The problem might be that you don’t have enough temporary space for the installer to uncompress and then allow it to run and install MyEclipse. I believe the temporary space requirements are about 1GB for everything to run properly, before the installer and temp files are deleted.

For manual installation, we do have a manual installer. The download size is much larger, but it doesn’t have any temporary space requirements. You can find it in the download section with the other installers, but you’ll need to have Eclipse 3.2.2 installed and working prior to installation of it. Instructions for using the manual install process is here. It’s actually quite simple to use so I don’t think you’ll have any issues with it.

#267854 Reply

Ed ross

found the problem. There was still the Cisco Security Agent running. I thought I turned off everything.

Thx for the reply. had to do a net stop “Cisco Security Agent” to finally get the thing to die properly

#267855 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Ed,

Thanks for following up in case anyone else has a similar issue (and so we know about it as well).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Unable to extract the compressed file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in