Code competition not working

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Fernandes Brian Fernandes 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alejandra
    Alejandra
    Participant

Hi, I am using webclipse into an eclipse oxygen, and when I use ctrl + space for help, for instance including a new service in the providers section, the contextual menu is shown but when I move though options and press enter, nothing but the char enter is included into the code. So I intended to use the mouse, selected the option from the contextual menu with it but it disappears and nothing happen.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #547115 Reply
    Profile photo of support-swapna
    support-swapna

Alejandra,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshots. I could not replicate the problem at my end.

Can you please give us some more details to help us investigate further?

1. Your OS and version details.
    2. Do you see the same problem with content assist in other files like java, html or is it only in TypeScript files you are seeing it?
    3. Can you please check if the issue persists in a fresh new workspace as well?
    4. Have you edited any key combinations in the IDE here : Window > Preferences > General > Keys ?
    5. Please share with us the .log file located at workspace/.metadata/.log to help us check for any errors or exceptions.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#547118 Reply
    Alejandra
    Participant

Hi, The OS is Mac High Sierra 10.13.1, It seems to be when it needs to resolve an import in Typescript, if the import is present works ok.
    No combinations in Gerenal-> keys
    I’ve tried in a new workspaces and it happens as well, and even worse, because ctrl + space is no triggering the assistant, is triggered by dot, and then the same as described.
    Thanks so much

#547499 Reply
    Profile photo of support-swapna
    support-swapna

Alejandra,

Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for the details. I am afraid the log file didn’t come through.
    Please change the extension to .txt and attach it.

Can you please also clarify if you are working with the latest Webclipse 2017 CI 10? If no, then please update to CI 10 from Help > Webclipse > Check for Updates.

I have filed a bug for the dev team to investigate further. We will keep you posted about the fix details soon.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#547635 Reply
    Alejandra
    Participant

Hi,
    I am using the last version, the previous one worked fine.
    There is no updates when I check. Im attaching the file with txt extension.

Attachments:
    #547733 Reply
    Profile photo of Brian Fernandes
    Brian Fernandes

Alejandra,

Thank you for that log file – we believe you are experiencing an issue similar to another which is already being tracked. Can you please send us the tslint.json file for your project? You can attach it here or send me a PM if you wish.

Thanks!

#547789 Reply
    Alejandra
    Participant

Hi Brian!
    This is the tslint.json, It happens in more than one project so I’m attaching both files

Attachments:
    #547832 Reply
    Profile photo of Brian Fernandes
    Brian Fernandes

Alejandra,

I’ve suggested a workaround in this thread – we believe you are experiencing the same issue as described there.

Could you follow the steps and let us know if it works for you?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.