facebook

Color for syntax highlight

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

menion
    Participant

Hi all
    I think we can set a better default color for syntax highlight.
    With C code, the struct fields are in cyan and since the highlight is yellow, the result is this one:

syntax highlight

As you can see it is not so readable. The installation is fresh so I don’t think it is a problem of my setup
    Bye

#524900 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello Menion, thanks for reporting this issue, we will get it fixed by our next release (soon this week). As a workaround you can configure this preference by editing its value on Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors > Annotations, inside this page look for C/C++ Write Occurrences.

cheers
    Aaron Lara

#526636 Reply

support-swapna

menion,

The syntax highlight issue is fixed in the latest release, 2017 CI 6. Please update to CI 6 from Help > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#526647 Reply

menion
    Participant

Hi
    I have updated the theme and I have to say that the syntax highlight you implemented works very well, thanks!

#526654 Reply

support-swapna

menion,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad that it works.
    Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#526657 Reply

menion
    Participant

Hi
    Actually I think there is some other room for improvement
    Attached the picture for syntax highlight in C/C++ for left operand and right operand, taken from the last version of the theme

syntax highlight left operator and right operator

The problem I saw when I filled the ticket was affecting the left operand, and as you can see your fix is very good
    But the right operand, even if readable, is not very good. The highlight just turn the background from dark grey to black and as you can see, it is not so evident
    Maybe you can implement some better highlight
    Bye

#529554 Reply

Aaron Lara

@menion, Sorry for the late response, thanks for your suggestions about better highlight colors! We will work on improving them for a future release.

Cheers,
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Color for syntax highlight

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in