facebook

company’s firewall blocked

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

annietsai
    Participant

I am using Copilot4Eclipse on the company network, but the company’s firewall is blocking it, preventing us from connecting properly.We have confirmed that all publicly available APIs from GitHub Copilot can connect properly.
    We have also tested and confirmed that the connection works fine on private networks. However, when switching to the company network, the connection is blocked. Therefore, we believe it is an issue with the firewall settings. We need to establish rules to allow the connection. I would like to ask if it is possible provide the IP address or domain for us to set up firewall rules? Thank you.
    If you have any suggestions, please provide them to us. Thank you.

#700188 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thanks for sharing your testing details. First off, have you managed to successfully use Copilot in any other IDEs within your company network? For example, does it work in VS Code or IntelliJ when in your company network?

With Copilot4Eclipse, all the communication is directly between your device and GitHub’s API, with Genuitec servers being uninvolved. GitHub Copilot documentation should give you the details you need, I believe this document will help: https://docs.github.com/en/copilot/troubleshooting-github-copilot/troubleshooting-firewall-settings-for-github-copilot

Hopefully this gets you moving, do let us know.

#700204 Reply

annietsai
    Participant

YES,i can successfully use Copilot in VS Code within my company network.
    I will also try adding the domain from the documentation to the allowlist. Thank you.

#700438 Reply

davidmichaelkarr
    Participant

Just to be clear, this whitelisting has to be done in the company firewall settings?

#700462 Reply

wayne

@davidmichaelkar Yes.
    But before nagging your network team can you please share the error msg you may be receiving. When you start up Copilot4Eclipse if after 1 minute the Copilot4Eclipse image in the Eclipse statusbar shows a warning overlay click it to view a popup menu. Select the top entry with text “Status: ” This will open a status dialog with a sort error msg. Please share that error message if you can.

Wayne
    Copilot4Ecipse Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: company’s firewall blocked

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in