facebook

continue with Mobione – migration to MyEclipse

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

cpmac61

I’ve read several posts about the death of mobione and migration to MyEclipse. There are a few points that I can’t pin down a clear answer to.

1. Can one continue to use Mobione in isolation and get an App published or does one need to import it into MyEclipse.

2. Whether or not one needs to import to MyEclipse, what features can MyEclipse add to a mobione project that the design center can’t do.

3. Have many people managed to import projects from MMObione to MyEclipse successfully? I’ve read through the how to, and it looks damned complicated. Normally “how to”s look simple till you try, then you find it’s more compicated than it seemed. If it seems complicated before you start, that’s a bad sign.

#352960 Reply

Hi,

Yes, Mobione outputs a simple html5 web application can can be built into an app. MyEclipse does have some special edits in the User Template to deal with some short comings that MobiOne had in the design rendering. We have added a video walkthrough to the tutorial. We do understand it’s new software and can be intimidating. But, once you learn the process it takes under 5 minutes to setup and build a Mobione project in MyEclipse.

As for what features you can add using MyEclipse, there is a very long list. You can take advantage of many of the PhoneGap build plugins (I think over 400) such as flashlights, barcode scanner, Facebook connect, running in the background, the list goes on: https://build.phonegap.com/plugins

I don’t know the exact count as we don’t have any way to track that. But I do know users have been successful with some pretty complicated apps. If you are doing the tutorial and have a question feel free to post it on the forums here.

#353000 Reply

cpmac61

Thanks for the clarification.

#353006 Reply

Hi,

No problem!

#353010 Reply

Philip!!!

The first time you migrate, it might seen difficult but once you finish you will see for yourself that it is really easy.

#353218 Reply

EddyC
    Participant

Hi

I am still having problems building a Mobione application successfully using my Eclipse with Phonegap.

Q1: I have had a mobione project built from mobione 2.6.3. I am not sure if I should choose script method using “importMobioneProjectContent.ant” or “import project from file system” on myEclipse

Q2:After I copy “importMobioneProjectContent.ant” file to build a mobione App using myEclipse2015, I clicked preview application in mobile web simulator. I found the platform:Apache Cordova 3.1 for ios7. What about ios8.1? is everything alright for submitting the app in the Apple store? ( Because my mobione app could not be post in Apple store recently)

Q3 I checked my app using myEclipse mobile web simuator, I found some functions( go to URL, send Email and Dial phone) are inactive.

Any solution or help will be highly appreciated.

#353230 Reply

Hi,

You need to import your MobiOne app just like in the tutorial. The ant script actually modifies some of the information needed to correctly build. If you import it any other way it may not work correctly.

Yes, as long as you have your information correctly you can submit the built app to the stores.

The Simulator is just that, you should test your app on a real device as well as the simulator as some features cannot be simulated. We also strongly suggest you view your app in a debugger like GapDebug if something doesn’t seem to be working correctly. This is really the only way to know what the problem is without guessing.

#353238 Reply

EddyC
    Participant

Thanks for hints, Brandon. I made it for my cellphone finally. Everything looks like the same as my Mobione APP. But I still have those same problems as I mentioned it yesterday. Those functions (Go to URL, send email and dial a phone) could not work. I really don’t know how to fix them up. Could you please give me some example codes or any solution? Thanks for the great help.

#353244 Reply

Hi,

I have attached an experimental phoneui.js file that has some modifications as a possible workaround for this.

Could you please try this.
    Step 1. After you have imported your project and are ready to build rename the phoneui.js file to phoneuiOLD.js
    Step 2. Download the attached experimental phoneui.js file attached to this post.
    Step 3. Copy the downloaded phoneui.js file into your res folder with the renamed version.
    Step 4. Test the project.

They should now work, please let me know if they do not.

Thanks,

#353255 Reply

EddyC
    Participant

I really appreciate your assistance, Brandon. That’s great to have the new file for solving problems. It can work except “go to URL with toolbar”. I cannot click “back” on the toolbar of cellphone to go back to the previous screen on the internet ( or go back to my App). Unfortunately, it turns to exit my app after I press “back” on the toolbar. Please help me fix this minor problem. Thanks for the great help.

#353256 Reply

Hi,

Im not sure if I am understanding correctly or not. The back button is there, but it exits the app instead of going to the previous screen? Due to the plugin that MobiOne used being out of date and now trying to use a updated one there may be some unexpected results that require you to modify your MobiOne projects functionality a bit. It will now take advantage of the In App Browser API, so you may also be better off using the Run javascript with the API directly for more control:

http://plugins.cordova.io/#/package/org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser

#353283 Reply

ChangDoSong
    Participant

Thank you very much for your new phoneui.js file.

1.New phoneui.js file works very well for internet url links.
    About 1~2 second After pushing the url link, it works.
    Great job!

2.But it still doesn’t work for telephone number links to call.
    However I push the phone number link, It won’t work.

3.Another problem is the logo that I customized doesn’t appear but original default image logo given by program appears while building app.
    It still appears after installing the app to my device.
    It doesn’t matter whether the phoneui.js file is changed to new one or not.

Pleas let me know what should i do?

#353289 Reply

I replied to you via the ticket system submission.

Thanks

#353448 Reply

EddyC
    Participant

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for suggestion about “plugin inAppBrowser API” for “back” button. But I still have some questions after I tried out using myEclipse unsuccessfully.

Q1. As to iOS devices, there is no “back” or “done” button. How can I resolve this problem?

Q2. As to Android devices, after replacing the old phoneui.js, it seems ok using “back” button on the webpage from the main page linking to the internet. However, it could not work for some “inner pages” ( something like list page=> “ detailed page” ). The app would crash after pressing “back” button on the webpage from the list or detailed pages linking to the internet.

Q3. I find that there are some differences between “local build” and “remote build”. For example, using local build, “dial phone number” would not work while it did work for “remote build”. Could we make “local build” similar to “remote build” behavior?

Q4. The app icon on android has the default image used even I changed it. What problem could it be? ( for iOS app icon, it looks ok without default image problem.)

Any solution or help will be highly appreciated.

#353460 Reply

Hi,

There is a new template resource pack on the tutorial site that has an updated phoneui file that addresses many of the issues, like the call phone one. I suggest updating to that one before any more build attempts. It should solve the URL issue as well.

On the icon and splash screen check that your icon.png and splash.png in the www directory are customized to your images.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
Reply To: continue with Mobione – migration to MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in