facebook

Could not restore workbench layout

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Terry Roe

Greetings,

I’m using MyEclipse and things seem to be working well. However, I have the following problem. I shut down Eclipse while I have files open that are supported by MyEclipse. The next time I start Eclipse, I receive the following error for one of the MyEclipse supported files:

—–
    Could not restore workbench layout.

Reason:
    Problems occurred restoring workbench.
    —–

In the details pane, I get the following:

—–
    Unable to restore perspective: Workspace – MyJava.
    Unable to create editor: layout.jsp.
    —–
    (“MyJava” is the name of my saved perspective. “layout.jsp” is the name of the file that wouldn’t open.)

The perspective actually opens just fine. All of the other files supported by MyEclipse and any other files I had open will also open just fine. There seems to be a problem just when starting up Eclipse, and only for one (the first?) file supported by MyEclipse that it tries to open.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a workaround or fix?

Thanks,

TR

#196731 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

It’s probably a “saved state” issue with the workbench. Give this a try:

1) Close all open editors
    2) Exit Eclipse
    3) Relaunch Eclipse

Usually, that will clear these types of things up. Sometimes when a massive feature update (like MyEclipse) is installed, Eclipse gets a bit confused when restoring state.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196734 Reply

Terry Roe

Scott,

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried the fix you suggested and didn’t have any success. I tried opening and closing a couple of times with no files open, also. I still get this error, and also the one in the topic from me that follows this one. Anything further I can try?

Thanks,

TR

#196740 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I think this is a conflict with a previously installed version of SolarEclipse. Please see the post I left in the other thread: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/problems-opening-editor/#post-196739

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Could not restore workbench layout

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in