facebook

[critical] Quick Outline slow for large java files

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gayanper
    Participant

Searching in the quick outline is slow for large files which has more than 1K lines. Example which this problem can be seen is searching for a method in quick outline for javafx.fxml.FXMLLoader.
    The theme used here is default Dark theme.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by gayanper.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by gayanper.
    #618589 Reply

Brian Fernandes

1K lines should not be a problem. Our team is looking right now, but can you quickly confirm which Java editor you are using? If you right click the file and choose Open With, do you see, Java Editor or Java :: CodeMix selected?

Also, since you specifically mentioned the theme, did you notice it was faster in another theme? And we’re assuming Default Dark theme = “Dark” from Eclipse, not Darkest Dark, correct?

#618623 Reply

gayanper
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    Its the JDT java editor and this happens with the DarkDarkest theme. The issue was not there when i switch to eclipse theme.

Best regards,
    Gayan

#618633 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gayan,

We tried exactly this case and it works just fine for us – in fact, we use DarkestDark internally, and we’re dealing with classes that are sometimes larger than this without issue.

Could it have been a glitch, or something else environmental that caused this to occur one time, with perhaps no connection to the theme? Would it be possible for you to switch back and see if you run into this again? Even from a code point of view, the theme should have no connection to the performance of the quick outline view.

Thanks!

#618646 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gayan,

I also note from other threads that you are using (or trying to use) some of Eclipse’s milestone builds, like 4.13M1. In addition to the above questions (if you can still replicate the problem on switching back). Can you please share with us your OS, and Eclipse version and distribution that you experience this in?

#618846 Reply

gayanper
    Participant

Hi Brain,
    Seems like this happens after working for a while. I will try working with the default theme and see if the same happens. For now i think you can consider this as a glitch in my end until i get back with facts.

Best regards,
    Gayan.

#618942 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Gayan,

Thank you for getting back to us. Do let us know if you see it happen again.

Have a great weekend!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: [critical] Quick Outline slow for large java files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in