facebook

Ctrl + backspace won't work inside the Inline Search dialog

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pumpkinlink
    Participant

when using the Inline Search dialog and pressing ctrl + backspace to delete a word, it actually deletes the editor text instead

This topic was linked to an Issue on at
    #588498 Reply

support-swapna

pumpkinlink,

Thank you for reporting it. I could replicate the problem with Ctrl+backspace in the Inline Search dialog at my end.

I have raised a bug for the dev team to work on it. We will keep you posted about the fix schedule.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#596664 Reply

ian92
    Participant

Hi,

I was about to post the same problem! The ctrl button is somehow broken in inline search. It’s not just ctrl+backspace, ctrl+arrow keys (left or right) to jump between words also doesn’t work (it moves the cursor in the editor instead).

This is really a shame because inline search is a killer feature otherwise (which I have to turn off because accidentally deleting editor content really makes it unusable).

I might be wrong about this, but I think this used to work for me before I reinstalled DevStyle on Ubuntu 18.04 a few months ago…

Hope fixing this problem can be prioritised!

Thanks!

#596782 Reply

support-swapna

Ian,

Sorry that this issue is a blocker for you.The dev team is looking at fixing this problem for the next release. We will keep you posted when the fix is out. You can also track the status of this bug – please see the top of this post for the bug details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#596792 Reply

ian92
    Participant

Thanks for getting this raised — looking forward to the fix.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Ctrl + backspace won't work inside the Inline Search dialog

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in