facebook

Custom editor theme displays keywords in wrong colour

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gljiva
    Participant

Eclipse version: 4.14.0
    DevStyle version: 1.11.0.201909171704
    Theme: Ooze

How to reproduce:
    Import editor theme “Ooze” while DevStyle is enabled.

Problem description:
    When I try to apply my custom theme, the keywords’ colour is wrong. Instead of #008000 I get some light green (screenshot).
    All other types of words’ colours are correctly displayed. Even the keyword colour is correctly displayed in Preferences->DevStyle->Color Themes preview (screenshot), but not in Preferences->Java->Editor->Syntax Coloring. There preview shows wrong colour, but colour picker of Element->Keywords excluding ‘return’ shows correct colour (screenshot). When I change colour in the picker by a small amount nothing happens, but colours like #00ff00 or #800080 are displayed correctly as well as underline, bold etc. When I change colour of some other word type (e.g. Interface) to the same colour, #008000, the colour is correctly displayed.

What I tried:
    Aside from slightly changing the colour I tried disabling the DevStyle. The colour is then correctly displayed, but then window can’t be black so it’s not an acceptable solution. I also tried importing the theme through both File->Import… (epf) and Preferences->DevStyle->Color Themes->Import… (xml). I tried to check “Force colors” in Preferences->DevStyle->Color Themes, but after pressing “Apply and Close” still nothing happens and the <u>checkbutton is unchecked<\u>. I tried different workbench themes. Nothing worked.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #637318 Reply

support-swapna

Gljiva,

Thank you for the detailed report and the screenshots.
    I see the problem with the keywords coloring at my end with Ooze.
    I have raised a bug report for the dev team to look into it and we will get back to you soon with our findings.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#651054 Reply

miaheagyst
    Participant

I have a very similar issue but with Darkest Dark editor theme. See the attached screenshots where the color for classes is red-ish instead of gray-ish like in the DevStyle preview.

On the error log I see only this related to DevStyle/Genuitec:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2020-04-04 19:26:45.434
    !MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the images from the ‘org.eclipse.ui.commandImages’ extension point.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2020-04-04 19:26:45.434
    !MESSAGE Cannot bind to an undefined command: plug-in=’com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.ui’, id=’com.genuitec.myeclipse.help.darktheme.commandid’

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.ui 1 0 2020-04-04 19:26:46.221
    !MESSAGE A DevStyle Theme is being activated on this workspace; preparing colors and configuration

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.ui 1 0 2020-04-04 19:26:46.230
    !MESSAGE DevStyle has archived current color configurations to alternate preferences – will be restored when switching out of the DevStyle Theme

I don’t know if it matters but I saw if this file .metadata/.plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.ui.common.platform/color-definitions-fix.css this entry:

IEclipsePreferences#org-eclipse-jdt-ui {
    	preferences:
    		[...]
    		'semanticHighlighting.class.color=210,82,82'
    		[...]

What I noticed is that the Force colors checkbox does not maintains the state. I check it, press “Apply and Close”, reopen the preferences, “Force colors” is unchecked.

I had this issue with Eclipse RCP & RAD 2019-12, also after I upgraded it to 2020-03. Also tested on fresh Eclipse committers 2020-03. All with the same behaviour.

Environment:
    Eclipse committers 2020-03
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    DevStyle: 1.11.0.202003261823
    JDK: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_241.jdk

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #651509 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the details and the screenshots. The red color for classes is right for the theme you selected. It looks like a problem with preview not reflecting the right colors. We are looking into it. In case you do not like the current color combination, you can try other editor themes or import one from Eclipse Color Theme page. You can download the .xml file for a color theme of your choice from the Eclipse Color Theme (click on Browse to get to that page) page and import it.

The ‘Force colors’ is a one time setting flag. It will not persist when you go back to the page again.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Thank you for reporting this issue.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Custom editor theme displays keywords in wrong colour

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in