facebook

Darkest Dark theme gets unselected on eclipse restart

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

villaa19
    Participant

Whenever I select this theme it asks to restart and then switches to this theme. Yay! I love it! But whenever I close eclipse and then restart it, it goes back to the old theme of preinstalled “dark”. Is there a setting that I’m not aware of that is doing this? I’m in eclipse Neon on mac. Thanks for any help.

#521943 Reply

support-swapna

villaa19,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. We could not replicate the problem at our end.

Can you please switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists? The new workspace by default will use the Darkest Dark theme.

If the issue persists in a new workspace as well, then please share with us the Neon version details for further investigation. Also let us know if you have installed any other appearance related plugins like Eclipse Color Theme etc.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#521953 Reply

villaa19
    Participant

I found a fix that works for me. I had to turn on the Oomph preferences recorder. After that it seems to be working. Previous eclipse installations didn’t have this issue but for some reason the newer ones do. I would post the link I used but I can’t find it in my search. Thanks for your help

#522411 Reply

support-swapna

villaa19,

Glad that you resolved it.

While we investigate the issue at our end, can you please give us some more details?

1. Did you add this line to the eclipse.ini located in the Eclipse installation dir to save your preferences?
    -Doomph.setup.sync=true
    2. Is the ‘Skip automatic task execution on startup’ under Window > Preferences -> Oomph -> Setup Tasks enabled or disabled?
    3. Can you please clarify if you see the issue in a new workspace? Remove the -Doomph.setup.sync=true line from the eclipse.ini if you do not want to record your preferences and check if the Darkest Dark theme is retained on restarts.

Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Darkest Dark theme gets unselected on eclipse restart

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in