facebook

Database Explorer enhancements

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Ben Eng

It would be nice to be able to browse a database by navigating using the keys in the following ways:

(1) Use the primary key of the current row to find rows with foreign keys, which reference the current row.

(2) Use the foreign key column to navigate to the row that is referenced.

Ben

#211468 Reply

Riyad Kalla

binyan,
    Just a quick update, Jeff went crazy and implemented all of your requests except for #2 which hasn’t been finalized yet. I think you should send him a card or a fruit basket 😉

#211480 Reply

support-jeff

#6 has not been done either (being able to select only a subset of schema/catalogs to view) . That is definitely on the plate for a future release, as is lazy-loading of table metadata to help in cases of severely bloated databases 😉

#211481 Reply

support-jeff

oh, and cash works too! 😉

#211489 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh thanks for the correction.

#211537 Reply

support-jeff

what, about #6 or about bribery? 😉

#211543 Reply

Riyad Kalla

lol, both I guess… whatever keeps you coding like a bandit 😀

#211559 Reply

binyan

Sorry I have been away, but it’s good to see the changes are in. I look forward to them along with the ability to rename/delete xml files. 🙂

#211564 Reply

Riyad Kalla

ability to rename/delete xml files.

I don’t know why you thought this would be supported… we have removed the ability to rename/delete/move or otherwise open ALL files… we find that if we disallow editing in general, users find less bugs.

😀

#212621 Reply

binyan

Whoa!! WTF, did I get the trick version of ME or what?

Items that have not been done as previously stated:

1. The DB explorer still collapses all entries when doing a refresh, instead of keeping the expanded/collapsed state of the entries.

3. Switching from viewing one table with the preview tabs chosen to another table still changes the selected tabs instead of just updating the tab with the newly seleted table’s input.

5. Double clicking a profile has been “fixed” because it now does NOTHING?! Previously we got the dialog to popup and we needed to choose OK to connect. I simply wanted the default behavior of a double click to try and open the connection and if it failed then show the an error and/or the dialog. Now there’s nothing and I have to right click the profile or use the profile dropdown widget.

As a side note I think it would be prudent for the profile dropdown widget to retain the knowledge of what the last profile used was, so that just mouse clicking the button instead of activating the drowndown will open the previously used profile. This behavior is consistent with other dropdowns, like Run, Debug, Externall Tools, etc.

#212622 Reply

Riyad Kalla

binyan I will check on these ASAP.

#212623 Reply

binyan

As an addition some of the other enhancements I outlined were done, so I do want to thank the development team for listening to my dribble and adding value for us all.

#213113 Reply

support-jeff

binyan –

Exceedingly strange. Are you sure you installed ME 3.8 GA? Could you do a completely clean install in a clean version of eclipse and retry? If the problem persists, give me some more details like what database you are using, and even some screenshots if possible (email them to jeff@genuitec.com).

#214051 Reply

Brice Ruth

I agree with binyan about not reading in all the schemas when connecting. By default, when I connect to a host/database, it should only read in that schema/library/whatever. Maybe if one is connecting simply to ‘host’ without specifying a particular schema/library/etc., then read all of them.

I’m connecting to an iSeries database (DB2/400) and there are many, many libraries.

On that note, if DB Explorer *is* going to read all the libraries/schemas, then it should at least be a backgrounded task (or optionally backgrounded).

#214076 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Agreed… I believe Jeff has this already at the top of his TODO list.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
Reply To: Database Explorer enhancements

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in