facebook

Debug a Applet in a external or the internal browser

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

RalfLange

Hi,
    I have a web project with some applets in the HTML pages. Wenn I open the HTML pages and go to preview, the internal browser didn’t start the applets.
    Is this a problem of the internal browser or a problem of the settings of the JavaPlugin?
    Is it possible to start a external browser (MS IExplorer, Firefox) and debug the applet in the external browser?
    When I start the search for installed web browser in the preferences, than the IExplorer on my system isn’t find.

Have somebody a solution for this problems?

Thanks Ralf

PS: My system configuration:
    Windows 2000 SP 4
    Eclipse Version: 3.0.1 Build id: 200409161125 Fresh installation
    MyEclipse Version 3.8.4
    JDK 1.4.2-b28
    No entry in the .log

#226024 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ralf,
    The preview window is getting a major overhaul for our next release and future releases, so hang in there.

You don’t need to use a browser to debug an applet, just launch it within Eclipse.

#226075 Reply

RalfLange

Riyad,
    thanks for the replay. One applet is not the problem but on one HTML page are 5 different applets with data transfer between them. So the using of the applet viewer is not possible.
    I find some mistakes in my HTML page and now the applet starts if it is in a zip file. If it is in a jar file it didn’t work. The main problem to to search the errors is, that the internal browser didn’t transfer the console output the Eclipse console. Can I configure the internal browser to do this?

Ralf

#226082 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ralf, unfortunately this is not an option right now.

#226158 Reply

RalfLange

Riyad,
    the solution for the problem with the console is to start eclipse with the “-consolelog” start option. Then all the system output to the console of the preview go to the start console of Eclipse.
    So I see, that the problem with the jar file is a Microsoft Java VM exception. I now that the Microsoft Java VM can’t handle jar files but why use the browser settings “Internal Browser” and “Internet Explorer” of MyEclipse the very old Microsoft VM?

Ralf

#226164 Reply

Riyad Kalla

but why use the browser settings “Internal Browser” and “Internet Explorer” of MyEclipse the very old Microsoft VM?

The Web Browser view wraps the SWT Browser control. On Windows that wraps Internet Explorer, so we don’t have much choice in the matter right now. Although I think in 3.1 it will be expanded to support other browsers on each platform.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Debug a Applet in a external or the internal browser

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in