facebook

debuging with phonegap developer app

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

benfchen

I’m really excited to install gapdebug,but I met some problem.
    I install phoengap developer app(http://app.phonegap.com/) in my iphone 5s and gapdebug in macbook pro,but I can’t find phonegapApp in gapdebug panel.otherwhile,safari is ok.Does gapdebug support phonegap developer add debuging?In other word,I must build my app into iphone,then I can use gapdebug?
    thx a lot!

#350740 Reply

Hi

>I must build my app into iphone,then I can use gapdebug?
    GapDebug allows debugging of hybrid mobile apps, such as PhoneGap and Cordova, on modern iOS and Android devices. So the answer is yes, while you install an app in debug mode you should be able to debug it. Ensure you sign your app with a developer certificate, not distribution one.

Don’t forget to take a look at GapDebug First-Time Configuration and Setup doc in the integrated documentation.

#395523 Reply

meesern
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same problem and support-octavio’s response doesn’t seem to address the question somehow. I first installed phonegap onto an ubuntu machine and run phonegap server on that machine. Then I installed Phonegap developer app on my iPhone. I can then develop my app on ubuntu and see the changes on my iphone as the phonegap developer app reloads the changes.

Next, wanting to debug, I installed GapDebug on a windows machine. I connect my iphone via the USB cable, and GapDebug shows my phone in the lefthand panel. However I can get no further. When I run the Phonegap developer app it does not show up as an app in the GapDebug lefthand panel (in the way that Safari does when I run that on the iphone).

Is GapDebug able to debug apps loaded through the phonegap developer app, and if so, how?

#395530 Reply

wayne

@meesern

short answer: no, the PhoneGap Developer App downloaded from the appstore is not debuggable by GapDebug or any modern tools.

longer answer:
    GapDebug is able to debug ios and android hybrid apps that are configured for debugging. For an ios app to be debuggable it must be signed with a developer certificate and provision profile. Thus if you build and sign your app with a developer cert/profile GapDebug will be able to debug it.

The phonegap dev app downloaded from the appstore is not configured for an level of debugging by GapDebug or any other tools. In another thread I conducted an experiment last week where I pulled the PG dev app src code and built the app with a dev cert/profile and was able to debug it using GapDebug.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: debuging with phonegap developer app

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in