facebook

delete/replace a jar file will fail

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Swapna,

I closed the editors one by one and checked whether the jar’s could be deleted.
    After all editors are closed, the jar files are still not deletable.

I closed then all perspectives. Same here, no deletion possible.

Michael

#326366 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Michael,

We are going through your list of plugins to try to find out what is locking those files. No luck so far.

Please try closing the referencing project (the one with the jar file in the classpath), and try to delete the file, as Swapna asked in her last post. This will tell us if there is some plugin functionality connected to that project that is locking the files. Could you tell us what tools/plugins you are using in that project (including things like code analysis tools)?

Also, please try a fresh workspace, import those two projects into it and see if the file can be deleted there, without doing anything else. I’m thinking that there is some view open that is locking the files but a fresh workspace is probably the quickest way to check that.

#326371 Reply

Tony,

I already did – and now checked again to close all referencing projects. The jar file cannot be deleted.
    Also I had closed all perspectives and views – same result, no deletion possible.

What tools/plugins I use? We defined the JBoss 5.1’s location and deploy the EAR-project to it. But even removing this deployment won’t make the file to be deletable.
    In EAR’s Enterprise Application Module definiton we defined an EJB and a WEB project. Both are referencing the EAR project in their build paths, as they use classes from its jar files.
    Maybe one or two times I used FindBugs, but not for months and not on a regular base.
    What else? I am coding in java, run some tests with JUnit, search in java/jsp/text files – nothing spectacular.

I tried the new workspace thing. The file WAS deletable then.
    So to me it will be the easiest to start working in a new workspace.

For you it might be furthermore interesting what created the problem, am I right?
    How can I help you in that issue?

Regards,

Michael

#326375 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Thanks for that information, Michael. A clean workspace might be a good option for you. However, I have been able to replicate your problem.

It appears to be related to the Google plug-in. If I have a Google web application that references the jar file, and run the application at least once, then the Google plug-in, or, more specifically, the GWT Designer GPE plug-in, seems to hold a lock on the file. I restarted MyEclipse several times and it always held the lock, even at startup, until I removed the GWT Designer GPE plug-in. However, when I re-installed the plug-in, I couldn’t replicate that behavior, though a lock was held on the file for the whole session, whenever I ran the Google web application. I’m guessing I did something else with some of the Google plug-ins, previously, which caused the lock to be held across sessions.

This Google bug appears to be similar to your problem and it contains a workaround that delays some Google plug-in processing at startup. This worked for me. The workaround is to add the following line at the end of your myeclipse.ini file:

-Dgwtd.warmup.enabled=false

I can’t tell if your situation is similar but you have installed the Google plug-in, which led me to replicate and find this possible workaround (or delete the GWT Designer GPE, if you don’t need it).

Please let us know if this helps.

#326376 Reply

Tony,

well done – this parameter helps to remove the lock.

Now I am able to rename or delete the jar files.
    Even when I removed the MyEclipse parameter after having started MyEclipse once with it I was able to rename or remove the jar file.

Works fine for me – thanks a lot.

Michael

#326407 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Michael,

I’m glad that worked for you and thanks for getting back to us.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: delete/replace a jar file will fail

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in