facebook

Deploy questions

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mork
    Participant

I noticed that I can deploy a web service OK the first time, but if I go into Tomcat’s webapps folder and remove it manually, then tell MyEclipse to Run as MyEclipse Application, MyE does not redeploy the project. I have to exit MyEclipse and restart for deploy to work again.

—-

Also, I noticed that although MyE is compiling and copying a changed source code file for a service, the client program that accesses the service doesn’t “see” that change until I quit and restart MyE. I’m not sure why that is since I thought a changed file that MyE compiled and copied to the webapps folder would be “live” right away.

Look forward to your comments.

Thanks,

#607411 Reply

support-swapna

Mork,

Are you trying to remove the project manually from the Tomcat’s webapp folder when the server is still running inside the MyEclipse IDE? Is there a particular reason why you are removing the project manually instead of removing the deployment from the Servers view? I see the problem with Run As at my end. I will file it for further investigation with the dev team.As a workaround, you can try clean(redeploy) from the Servers view instead.

Is the Tomcat started in Debug mode? It is necessary to start the server in debug mode for the hot deploy to work for Java classes. Please ensure the ‘Build Automatically’ is turned on for the project and the server is started in Debug mode.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Deploy questions

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in