facebook

Deploying MyEclipse with embeded license data

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

fdrietatns
    Participant

I’m trying to build a deployment package of MyEclipse and have been unable to find the right configurations needed to have it already licensed (but not activated) upon installation or first use.

Is the method of adding the information to ‘plugin_customizations.ini’ still valid (re: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-properties-license-file-question/)? If so, what is the proper format as I have been unable to find that information?

Thanks.

#508086 Reply

support-swapna

fdrietatns,

Thank you for the enquiry. I have escalated this query to the dev team. They will get back to you soon.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#509029 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Apologies for the delayed response – this escalation was unfortunately missed in our support queue. Unfortunately the technique mentioned in that post is no longer valid. Modern versions of MyEclipse will require activation, so even if the license information is available, each user will still have to activate their copies.

For your needs, I would recommend using MyEclipse Secure. It will take care of the licensing and activation and it has a host of other features which I’m sure you will find useful, see https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/secure/ for more details.

Do let us know if you have additional questions.

#509030 Reply

fdrietatns
    Participant

Thanks for the response.

As much as I would like to use the Secure Delivery Center, we are not currently licensed for it.

I can live with the user activating MyEclipse after install, I just don’t want to touch each user and input the license data manually for every deployment.

Thanks.

#509164 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Dean,

I’m afraid the technique mentioned there will no longer reliably work, especially with how modern versions of MyEclipse are built and packaged.

I have some options on the MyEclipse Secure front, will discuss further over email.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Deploying MyEclipse with embeded license data

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in