facebook

Deployment if out of date, manual redeployment error msg

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. General
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

saran_v

I’m having the project (which I’m trying to deploy) entries in .springBeans, .mymetadeta, .myhibernatedata and .project . Is that a problem?
    Thanks

#251343 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Is this project under source control? What kind? Have you setup Tomcat to use your project dir *as* your doc root by chance? There is something happening between the time you refresh and when you create the deployment that is changing the file contents on the hard drive which the deployment tool chokes on. I’m trying to figure out what might be causing it.

Try this:
    1) Remove deployment (make sure app server is shut donw)
    2) Restart using the -clean command line argument
    3) Run Project > Clean and rebuild your project
    4) Create the deployment (make sure the app server is still stopped)

Did that work?

#251344 Reply

saran_v

@support-rkalla wrote:

Is this project under source control? What kind? Have you setup Tomcat to use your project dir *as* your doc root by chance? There is something happening between the time you refresh and when you create the deployment that is changing the file contents on the hard drive which the deployment tool chokes on. I’m trying to figure out what might be causing it.

Try this:
    4) Create the deployment (make sure the app server is still stopped)

Did that work?

Is this project under source control?
    Yes
    What kind?
    Clearcase
    Have you setup Tomcat to use your project dir *as* your doc root by chance?
    Nope

Also,
    when you say ” Restart using the -clean command line argument “, do you mean to use -clean command in the shortcut to launch myeclipse as below?
    “C:\Tools\eclipse\eclipse.exe -clean -vmargs -Duser.language=en -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Dosgi.splashLocation=”C:\Tools\MyEclipse\eclipse\MyEclipseSplash.bmp””

Thanks

#251346 Reply

saran_v

Try this:
    4) Create the deployment (make sure the app server is still stopped

I did all these steps.. but no luck. I’m still getting the error(?!)

#251347 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh Clearcase… that might explain it. Do me a favor, create a copy of this project that is NOT under source control, I have a feeling it will work just fine.

#251348 Reply

saran_v

Riyad,

When I made a copy.. it DOES work!!!!!

But do you know why this is happening? Because my coworker also uses myeclipse for the project from clearcase and it works fine for him. But he is the one checked in the .project file (by mistake though!) in the clearcase and I used the same. Is that the reason?

Thanks for your help.

Well, now I have to manually merger my updated files to the clearcase.

#251351 Reply

Riyad Kalla

we have seen reports in the past where the style of control over the files that the clearcase plugin exerts on the project screws up our deployer, for some people it works though.

I’m not certain how clearcase works though, can you check out the whole project in “edit” mode or does that screw up the other developers on the team?

#251375 Reply

saran_v

I do have the .project file checked out in the edit mode. Yes.. we are also not certain how clearcase works.. infact its always a “unclear”case for us..!!!

#251376 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This might be overkill… but do you guys *need* to be using ClearCase? What about Subersion or CVS?

I’m not suggesting *that* as a fix, just throwing the option out there. We’ve had customers come to use with questions and change their entire process sometimes (for the better) when they’ve run into a problem that was merely a symptom of a much larger issue. Most customers can’t change anything about their work environment though, and we understand that.

If you can’t change your environment, and do not know how ClearCase works, it will make troubleshooting this issue pretty hard. We don’t have a clearcase repository installed locally so I can’t test with it, but by chance is there an update to the clearcase plugin you are using? (Which one is it?)

#251832 Reply

bassbari0315

Hi All,

I was having this same issue… Please see the following closed issue as it relates:

http://www.myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10971

I am not sure if it’s clear case or not, but data in the .mymetadata file was messed up… particularly the context-root and webrootdir value attributes (they were not matching my directory layout)…

Have a good one!
    Duane

#261471 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Saran,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having this deployment issue, but I have some good news. MyEclipse 5.1.0 will be available within a week and one of the big areas of enhancements was in the deployer. I think the new techniques it employs will resolve this issue for you. Sorry for the inconvenience it has caused while you wait for the new release.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Deployment if out of date, manual redeployment error msg

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in