facebook

Devstyle eclipse 2020-06 dark theme issue

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

anjhawar
    Participant

Hello,

I have recently installed 2020-06 eclipse and enable dev style dark theme and observed that the preference heading or the arrow marker is very dark to be seen on a dark background.

PFA the screenshot of the same.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #660612 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshot.
    I ran some tests with Eclipse 2020-06 on Windows 10, but do not see the reported odd UI issues.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Are you on Windows OS? If you are on Windows Classic theme at OS level, then please try switching to a different theme and check if the UI issues persists. If you are on a different OS, then please share the OS and version details along with the theme details, if any set.

2. Please check if the issue persists in a fresh new workspace.

3. Do you see the same problem with Eclipse Dark theme as well? Select ‘Dark’ from the General > Appearance page instead of DevStyle theme and restart the IDE. Please also attach a screenshot to help us get a visual of how it looks in Eclipse Dark theme.

4. Please go to Window > Preferences > Oomph > Setup Tasks > Preference Recorder and see if the Record into is checked? In case it is checked, then please uncheck it and shut down Eclipse. Go to [user_home]/.eclipse and move / delete the folders named *oomph* – this will make the (bad) saved preferences inaccessible. Restart Eclipse, switch to a new workspace and check if this helps clear out the odd UI settings.

5. If you are still seeing the bad UI issues, then please let us know how you installed Eclipse 2020-06. Is it using the installer or by extracting the downloaded .zip file. Also share with us the Eclipse Version and Build Id details from Help > About Eclipse dialog.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660705 Reply

thbe
    Participant

Hello,

I’m not OP but I’m having the same issue.

1. Windows 10 Enterprise (Version 1803).
    2. Issue persists.
    3. Yes, though due to the lighter background readability improved slightly.
    4. Option wasn’t checked and deleting the folders didn’t help either.
    5. Updated from a 2019-09 installation.

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers (includes Incubating components)
    Version: 2020-06 (4.16.0)
    Build id: 20200615-1200
    Java version: 1.8.0_251

Best regards

Attachments:
    #660714 Reply

support-swapna

thbe,

Thank you for the details and the screenshots.
    We are trying to replicate the issues at our end. Hopefully we will be able to figure this out soon.
    We will get back to you soon with our findings.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#661077 Reply

Aaron Lara

I’m happy to announce that DevStyle 2020.7.20 update is out now! It contains fixes for compatibility issues in Eclipse 2020-06 and other goodies 😀 If DevStyle didn’t update automatically you can do Help > Check for updates in your IDE to get the update.

Thank you guys for your feedback!
    Aaron Lara

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Aaron Lara.
    #664410 Reply

alicec
    Participant

Hello!

I have “Darkest Dark Theme with DevStyle 2020.7.20” on Windows 10 Enterprise. Updating Eclipse to Version: 2020-09 introduced this issue (highlighted text black on dark background as well as expansion arrows).
    Is there a workaround?

Best regards

Alice Carlman

#664422 Reply

support-swapna

Alice,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
    I ran few tests on a fresh installation of Eclipse 2020-09 with DevStyle and could not replicate the issues with highlight and arrows.

1. Can you please clarify if you see the problem in a new workspace as well?
    2. Which theme is currently set at OS level? If it is Windows Classic theme at OS level, then please try switching to a different theme and let us know if you are still seeing the reported issue.
    3. Please also attach a screenshot showing the incorrect highlights and arrows.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#664424 Reply

alicec
    Participant

Hellow Swapna!

1. I tried with a new workspace but the issue remains.
    2. I used a custom theme as indicated in attached picture “windows_themes.png”, tried switching to the other two (restarted eclipse in between theme switches) but the issue persisted on those themes as well.
    3. See attached picture “dark_theme_issue.png”

Best regards

Alice Carlman

Attachments:
    #664471 Reply

support-swapna

Alice,

Thank you for the details and the screenshots.

Can you please clarify if Eclipse is installed using Oomph based installer or using the downloaded zip file?
    Please also share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log from the new workspace where you replicated the issue to help us investigate further. Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#664496 Reply

alicec
    Participant

Swapna,

My organization distributes their own customized Eclipse install that comes bundled with DevStyle, so not sure how they installed it but I don’t think there’s any Oomph component. I think it’s just installed via the ‘Eclipse Marketplace’ (see attached picture “eclipse_marketplace_devstyle_launch.png”). My Windows 10 version is 1607 if that helps. The log file is attached as well.

-Alice

Attachments:
    #664506 Reply

fredrikattebrant
    Participant

Hi,

Did some testing with newer and older versions of Windows 10, which indicates that it is the version of Windows that causes the problems. I tried with Windows 10, version 1809 and version 2004. In both cases I used Eclipse 2020-09 with the latest DevStyle installed from Marketplace (same as @alicec used).

See the attached files – in the older version the problem with unreadable text occurs.

Thanks,
    Fredrik

PS: I used VirtualBox images to reproduce the problem. Time limited version available from Microsoft:
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/

Attachments:
    #664581 Reply

support-swapna

Fredrik,

Thank you for sharing your findings. I have shared them with the dev team to investigate further.

Alice,

Is there a possibility to update your Windows OS and see if the issue persists?
    You mentioned about customized Eclipse installation. Can you please let us know how exactly is it being installed along with DevStyle in your machine?
    To find out if the Eclipse is installed via Oomph based installer, go to the Eclipse installation directory and open the eclipse.ini file. If you see references to .p2\pool\plugins in any of the entries, then the installation is Oomph based.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#664596 Reply

alicec
    Participant

Swapna,

I’ll ask tech support at my office if they can update my Windows install.
    I see no references to .p2 in the .ini-file. Uploaded it here so you can have a look if you want.

Alice

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by alicec.
    Attachments:
    #664652 Reply

anjhawar
    Participant

hello,

I observe the same issue with a fresh installation of Eclipse 09-2020 using the exe installer with just devstyle plugin and completely fresh workspace. Just to add I remove .p2 from my home directory before the complete installation, so that there are no stale references from past installations.

The case is we enable darkest dark theme and then in the preference window the content is black over black making is very difficult to read. Please consider to address this. Thanks!

#664688 Reply

support-swapna

Ankur,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I ran few tests with Eclipse 2020-09 (installer based) and DevStyle but could not replicate the issue on newer version of Windows 10.

1. Can you please share with us your OS and version details? If you are on Windows, then please check if you are on the newer version of Windows.

2. If possible, can you please check if the issue persists with regular packaged install of Eclipse as well? You can download the .zip file for 2020-09 from here : https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/2020-09/r

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Devstyle eclipse 2020-06 dark theme issue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in