facebook

DevStyle text coloring not working properly

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

payne989
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I have a problem with DevStyle. As i said in the title, the text coloring is not working properly. When I turn on the software, the colors are wrong but, if I change the color combination everything is working fine until I start to write some code again and puff! The colors are wrong again.
    I am sick of changing the combination every 10 minutes. Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Here’s my specifics:
    IDE Package: STS (Spring tool Suite)
    IDE Version: 3.9.9.RELEASE
    Relevant Plugins Installed: – darkest dark theme with DEVStyle 2019.9.16
    – Eclipse Java EE developer tools 3.14
    – Eclipse Marketplace client 1.7.7
    – Eclipse PDE( Plugin development environment) latest

#629139 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello @payne989! sorry you are having issues with DevStyle. Can you let me know the type of editor you work with while this is happening? Also, do you see any error in the errors view?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#629145 Reply

payne989
    Participant

Hello!
    what do you mean by editor? Unfortunately I have no errors in the error tab.

#629148 Reply

Aaron Lara

When you said “text coloring is not working properly” you mean the colors of the code you are writing in the editor, right? I was asking what kind of files you are editing when this happens (java, json, css, javascript, etc). Or does it happen regardless of the file type?

#629150 Reply

payne989
    Participant

oh, sorry I got it now, for the moment it’s happening only on the java classes. Jsp text coloring is fine.

#629163 Reply

Aaron Lara

I see, thanks for the info. So let’s first try this:

1. Open Preferences > DevStyle > Color Themes and switch to your preferred Editor theme.
    2. Check “Force colors”
    3. Click Apply and Close.
    4. Reopen any editor you have so it takes all the color changes.

Does the issue persist after this?
    Also, mind sharing a ScreenShot of this page so I can see what configuration you have there?

Cheers!

#629174 Reply

payne989
    Participant

Hello again,
    I tried your solution and it didn’t work 🙁
    it only change colors when i change it to another editor theme and put it back. IE: i use the “eclipse standard” coloring and it doesn’t work.(see how_it_is.jpg)
    If i change the theme to another one like “Healty eyes” and then change it back to “eclipse standard” everything looks fine. (see How_should_it_be.JPG)
    Once everything is working fine, if i continue to write some code, the new code will have different colors from the old one. (see test.jpg)

I hope i explained well for you 🙂

thanks again for the support!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #629181 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for the details! Another question (trying to isolate the issue), does this only fail for the Eclipse Standard theme? Or it fails also for a different editor theme like Darkest Dark?

#629188 Reply

payne989
    Participant

Yep, unfortunately this behavior it’s applied to all the themes.. you can see the differences for the theme “solarized dark”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #629192 Reply

Aaron Lara

I see 🙁 this is the first time I see this particular issue. DevStyle controls these colors by setting the corresponding preferences. In this case, they would be the JDT ones. My guess is that a third party plugin is rewriting those preferences when you edit the file. Do you happen to have installed any other eclipse plugin that might be causing this?

#629625 Reply

payne989
    Participant

Hello again,
    I checked the plugins but i do not have other plugins installed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: DevStyle text coloring not working properly

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in