facebook

Differences in EAR deployment settings in MEB 10.7 versus MEB 2016

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gjt3
    Participant

I am looking for the EAR deployment settings such as:
    1. Dependent Java Project Deployment Policy
    2. Library Deployment Policies

These were available in 10.7 but I cannot find in 2016.

#498388 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

The newer versions of MyEclipse supports flexible deployment using Deployment Assembly. The Deployment Assembly allows you to customize how your projects need to be deployed.

Right click on the project,select Properties from the menu, expand MyEclipse, and select Deployment Assembly. You can add the libraries and projects that need to be deployed along with your project. You can also configure hot-sync for utility and EJB module changes to the deployed web application.

Please check this tutorial to get started with the MyEclipse Deployment Assembly :

MyEclipse Deployment Assembly

Hope this helps. Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#498406 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

1. How is the EAR Module Assembly any different from 10.7 to 2016?

2. The “EAR” dialog in MEB 10.7 accessed via <EAR Project>/ Properties / MyEcipse / EAR
    is what I am missing in 2016.

#498421 Reply

support-swapna

gjt3,

The EAR module options available in older versions of MyEclipse did not allow for customization and is buggy and unclear. The Deployment Assembly is flexible and allows customization and provides greater control over deployment.It supports more features for enterprise application deployment like customizing the deploy name and path of the dependent projects,create custom library folders, configuring manifest entries etc.

Please give it a try and let us know if you have trouble with any specific deployment case.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Differences in EAR deployment settings in MEB 10.7 versus MEB 2016

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in