facebook

Difficulties with Installation of DevStyle

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

achevula
    Participant

Hello,

I can’t get DevStyle to install on my Eclipse-based IDE.

I’m currently using an IDE that is based on Eclipse 4.7.1 (Oxygen).

I’m missing a few packages apparently from this installation:

org.apache.commons.httpclient 3.1.0
    org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks 0.0.0

Does anyone know how to get around this? I can’t find the second package at all.

Thanks,
    -achevula

#596567 Reply

support-swapna

Achevula,

Thank you for your interest in DevStyle.

To successfully install DevStyle to IDE’s based on Eclipse, you need to add the Eclipse update site to the Available Software Sites list.

Please add this update site for Oxygen http://download.eclipse.org/releases/oxygen/ here in the IDE : Window > Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites and click ‘Apply and Close’.

Once done try installing DevStyle again and check if it installs fine. If you are still seeing issues, then please share with us more details about the IDE on which you are trying to install DevStyle to help us investigate further.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#596621 Reply

achevula
    Participant

Swapna,

Thanks for the response. I had the Eclipse Oxygen and Neon release websites ready to go but using the “Install New Software” option would continually fail. In any case, I installed DevStyle through Eclipse Marketplace– apparently Eclipse Marketplace will be able to link to the Eclipse Oxygen website correctly to get any missing dependencies. I’m not sure why this wasn’t the case with the “Install New Software” method.

However, now I have a new problem: the color themes inside the editor won’t ever change. It’s perpetually stuck at the “Oblivion” color theme, and I can’t change it. Previously, I had an Eclipse installation that would actually trigger a pop-up and ask me to close any editor windows whenever I changed the color theme.

Any ideas what’s going on there?

#596625 Reply

achevula
    Participant

Swapna, all,

Just an update- I got things to work as I wanted to.

If you’re using the “Deep Black” workbench theme, you have to check the “Theme Background” checkbox to change the color scheme in your editor. Otherwise, the Workbench theme will always override your preferences. I also checked “Force Colors” but I’m not sure that had any effect.

Thanks,
    -Abhinav

#596653 Reply

support-swapna

Abhinav,

Glad that you are all set.

You should select the Theme background checkbox if you want to use the editor theme’s default background color instead of the workbench theme’s background color. Select the Force colors checkbox if you want to override editor color preferences with the theme’s colors.

When installing DevStyle plugin using the ‘Install New Software’ wizard, the Contact all update sites during install to find required software must also be checked in order to fetch and resolve the dependencies even though the update site for Oxygen is added in the Available Software Sites page. Please verify the same. Attached is the screenshot for your reference. If it is checked and still the issue persists, then share with us the IDE and version details to help us investigate further.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Difficulties with Installation of DevStyle

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in