facebook

Documentation for iphone application development

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sivaprasad

Hi all,

Can any help me to develop iPhone application?

My doubts :
    1) which IDE is needed to develop iPhone application?
    2) is it possible to develop iPhone application in mobione?
    3) how to deploy and run the iPhone application in mobione?
    4) which version of Eclipse i have to use and plugin needed for this?
    5) Documentaion for development of iPhone application?

Please clarify these doubts as early as possible

Thank you

#301609 Reply

wayne

I have a blog series that will talk more extensively to your questions planned for next week. Until then I’ll try to answer your questions:

1) which IDE is needed to develop iPhone application?

If your focus is to develop a basic mobile web app, e.g., runs in mobile safari then I recommend using MyEclipse. I have used it an its integrated Tomcat server to create a number of example mobile web apps.

[quote=]
    2) is it possible to develop iPhone application in mobione?
    Not yet. We will be providing a number of tools very soon in an upcoming milestone release of mobione.

3) how to deploy and run the iPhone application in mobione?

I use MyEclipse to create a simple webapp, e.g., helloworld. Then launch the MyEclipse local Tomcat server to run my project, i.e., select project and right-click “Run as MyEclipse Application”. Then I launch mobione and enter the URL to my application, e.g., h ttp://localhost:8080/helloworld/index.html

4) which version of Eclipse i have to use and plugin needed for this?

I use the MyEclipse IDE (h ttp://www.myeclipseide.com) and by-pass the Eclipse and the plugin maze

5) Documentaion for development of iPhone application?

Documentation is coming soon. The Apple iphone site provides example mobile web applications that you can download and test. We will be providing a few sample mobile web applications as part of the MyEclipse Examples-On-Demand resource that you can download and run in 2 clicks. But those resources a couple of weeks away.

#304923 Reply

labriola

Does the iphone stay connected to the internet if you start an application and it locks? Yesterday night I plugged my iphone in to charge. I must have pressed clocks when I put it in as this morning when I woke up, 8 hours later, and unlocked the phone clocks was the first thing to show up on screen. Does that mean that the internet was connected all night or does it disconnect when it locks?

#304926 Reply

wayne

Here’s some info that may help:

iphone.macworld.com/2007/07/sleep_vs_shutting_down.php

stackoverflow.com/questions/411436/what-happens-to-an-iphone-app-when-iphone-goes-into-stand-by-mode

Wayne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Documentation for iphone application development

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in