facebook

Eclipse 2021-12 Store Supported Languages Internal Error

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jcraigwli
    Participant

We’ve been using CodeMix all summer with great success. Upgraded to Eclipse 2021-12 and started receiving the error “An internal error occurred during: “Store supported languages”. Cannot enter synchronized block because “this.supportedLanguages” is null. The CodeMix editors are no longer associated with .vue files. Using CodeMix Essentials 3.6.0.202007221454 and CodeMix Extended Suite 3.6.0.202007221454 and CodeMix 2020-09 compatibility fix 1.0.0.202009071103. I tried uninstalling and re-installing CodeMix with no effect. Thanks for any ideas or help.

#677850 Reply

support-swapna

Craig,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. We do have some problems with CodeMix in latest Eclipse 2021-12. In addition to applying the compatibility fix, the Eclipse IDE must be started with older version of JDK i.e Java 11 for the extensions to work.

Do you see the Extensions installed under Help > CodeMix Extensions? Start Eclipse with Java 11 (Edit the eclipse.ini file located in the Eclipse installation directory and point the jvm to Java 11), go to the CodeMix Extensions page and check if Vue extension is installed. If not installed, then go ahead and install it.

Please note that CodeMix has reached its end of life and MyEclipse 2021 is the alternative. See here for more details : https://www.genuitec.com/products/codemix/end-of-life-notice/
    Vue support will be added with the next update to MyEclipse sometime in February next year. You can try MyEclipse 2021 and if it meets your requirements, then we can convert your CodeMix license to MyEclipse license.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#677905 Reply

Richard.Sandford
    Participant

Hi Guys, Ive been getting this issue as well, although I’m using openJDK11 and Help->CodeMix Extensions seems to be working. Any other suggestions..???

Ive had a basic look at MyEclipse but im not sure it covers my needs of Remote Sync PHP Development and Javascript? It seems more JAVA and Framework based?

#678048 Reply

jcraigwli
    Participant

Thanks, Swapna. I also am using Adopt Open JDK 11. I installed all extensions under the Technology Packs section. When I try Help > CodeMix Extensions, Eclipse seems to hang on loading installed extensions. See attached images. I still get the error about supported languages and the CodeMix editors do not start. Thanks for your help. –Joel

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #678052 Reply

support-swapna

Joel,

CodeMix will not work with Eclipse 2021-12. Even though the extensions are installed, they are not being recognized. Unfortunately we have no workaround to suggest, other than using a prior Eclipse version (Eclipse 2021-09 or earlier).
    Vue support will be added to MyEclipse 2021 soon, so if you need to work with Vue, then downgrading Eclipse is the only option for now.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#678065 Reply

jcraigwli
    Participant

Thanks, Swapna. That was my plan for today, to roll back to the last version of Eclipse. Looking forward to VUE support in the MyEclipse product. Thanks for your help. –Joel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Eclipse 2021-12 Store Supported Languages Internal Error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in