facebook

Eclipse 3.1M6

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Eclipse News
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

tehvlon

Installer is missing “com/zerog/lax/LAX” :
    What should I do?

ahti@linux:~/tmp> ./EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_030804_3.1M6Beta.bin
    Preparing to install…
    Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive…
    Configuring the installer for this system’s environment…

Launching installer…

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/zerog/lax/LAX

#228061 Reply

tehvlon

@tehvlon wrote:

Installer is missing “com/zerog/lax/LAX” :
    What should I do?

ahti@linux:~/tmp> ./EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_030804_3.1M6Beta.bin
    Preparing to install…
    Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive…
    Configuring the installer for this system’s environment…

Launching installer…

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/zerog/lax/LAX

I’m glad to add to my previous post that the installation file was corrupt/partially downloaded. And it works.
    Thank you, the Team ๐Ÿ™‚

#228100 Reply

Installed and working correctly, well done My Eclipse Team! :thumbs:

Now if only all my other plug-ins were also M6 compliant….

#228107 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

All,

I wanted to follow up and let you know that there is a known problem with default preference initialization on certain platforms that we didn’t have time to address. For example, in the Database explorer preferences the max lines to return on queries has an incorrect “zero” default. Please review your MyEclipse preferences settings to ensure that they’re set to something you like to avoid any issues. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is a beta. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We’ll get it cleaned up in the next one.

#228169 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

@JamesWoodward wrote:

Installed and working correctly, well done My Eclipse Team! :thumbs:

Now if only all my other plug-ins were also M6 compliant….

If only Spring-IDE were M6compliant so that I could move to M6.

M4 has some problems with certain refactorings (including file rename leaving open the previous editor window in case it was open with no content).

#228211 Reply

Ivar Vasara

@support-scott wrote:

Now that the Eclipse API’s are “frozen”, we’ll provide an M6 beta version when we release MyEclipse 4.0 toward the end of April as part of our normal release cycle. Thanks for hanging in a few more weeks.

is ME4.0 going to be based on WTP milestone 4 ?

#228215 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

No, because WTP isn’t mature / stable enough for production yet. MyEclipse 5.0 will be based on WTP 1.0, however.

#228726 Reply

powerware.nl

In previous reply’s it is mentioned that version 4.o is expected at the end off april.

What is the cuurent status off version 4.0.

Can you give us some inside information what is new or changed ?

#228883 Reply

Andrea

Now it’s the end of April! I cannot resist! I want to try the 4.0 version! ๐Ÿ˜‰

#228887 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The release looks like it will likely be pushed out past the end up April, and before anyone gets upset, try and remember the 3.8.0 release. I think that release pissed off so many people (and us MOST of all!) that we will never risk anything like that again.

To keep things in perspective, 4.0 both behind the scenes and up front has probably 4x the new code/features 3.8.0 did, so it’s beta is going to run long. Then we are going to do public milestones and all that jazz before we tell YOU “it’s stable”. We are going to make damn sure it is. Please bear with it, it shouldn’t be much longer.

#228922 Reply

Ivar Vasara

@support-rkalla wrote:

The release looks like it will likely be pushed out past the end up April, and before anyone gets upset, try and remember the 3.8.0 release. I think that release pissed off so many people (and us MOST of all!) that we will never risk anything like that again.

Well, to be honest.. 3.8.4 is pretty nice and does almost everything I need. Since you haven’t announced (I think) all the features for 4.0 my excitement is muted. Relax, make sure the release is solid and we’ll be fine with the existing release.. ๐Ÿ™‚

#228923 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Relax, make sure the release is solid and we’ll be fine with the existing release.. ๐Ÿ™‚

We appreciate the kind words. Management has notified me that we can’t order any “Relax” right now and that it is all on backorder. They said we could expect a shipment of it sometime next year, possibly after our 6.0 release.

#228927 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

can we test that “Relax” first ?

#228929 Reply

+1 Vote for Waiting to the Full Test to be done.

I have to admit that I do check almost every day for news about the release, but definitively is better to have a solid release.

Saludos

#229771 Reply

phouk

Hi all,

has anyone tried to run the MyEclipse 3.8.4 version for M6 against milestone M7? Did it run, were there any problems?

Will there be a build of MyEclipse for M7, like there was for M6?

Best Regards,
    Falk Brรผgmann

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
Reply To: Eclipse 3.1M6

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in