facebook

Eclipse CDT 2020-12 terminal encoding and backgroud colour

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

alef75
    Participant

Hi,
    after installing devstyle, eclipse cdt terminal does not respect the default terminal encodig:
    the default is set to UTF-8 but new terminal uses ISO 8859-1.
    Also when selected the dark gray theme, the terminal back ground become withe (inverted)
    With a fresh Eclipse CDT 2020-12 both problems are not there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #672080 Reply

support-swapna

alef75,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshot.
    I have filed a bug report for the encoding issue. We will keep you posted when it is fixed.

Regarding the terminal background color issue, the fix is out with our latest release 2021.3.8. If you haven’t yet updated, then please do (Help > Check for Updates) and check if you are still seeing the issue. Alternatively, you can go to Window > Preferences > Terminal and uncheck the ‘Invert terminal colors’ option.

Do let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#672087 Reply

alef75
    Participant

Hi Swapna,
    Thank you for supporting.
    I confirm you that the background colour issue has bene fixed with the latest release.

#672429 Reply

alef75
    Participant

The problem is still there with eclipse 2021-03 and last Vesrion of DevStyle.
    I add that the encoding is reset to ISO 8859, every time the terminal is disconnected and reconnected

#672467 Reply

support-swapna

alef75,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue persists with Eclipse 2021-03 as well.
    We will keep you posted when it is fixed.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#673896 Reply

Aaron Lara

alef75, DevStyle does not edit any setting related to the default terminal encoding. I have tried it myself on Eclipse CDT 2021-03 and I do see every new terminal connecting with UTF-8 encoding. Just to double-check, can you switch to the Eclipse Dark theme (not DevStyle) from the appearance preference page, and see if the issue persists also in the Eclipse theme?

Maybe you can also try this and see if it helps: modify the default encoding to UTF-8

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#673897 Reply

alef75
    Participant

Hi Aaron, thank you for supportin me in this issue:

I’m running eclipse cdt on ubuntu 20.04

I’ve just downloaded from scratch eclipse-cpp-2021-03-R-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz from the eclipse site
    1) I’ve untarred it
    2) executed eclipse
    3) as soon as start, eclipse ask for the workspaces, I let the default so eclipse create a new clean workspaces.
    4) The workspaces opened up in dark mode (because I’ve got ubuntu with dark theme)
    5) I’ve opened a new local terminal (default encoding is UTF8)
    6) new local terminal open with encoding UTF8

7) from eclipse marketplace I’ve installed devstyle (all components devstyle,icon editor and codetogheter)
    8) eclipse install devstyle and ask for restarting
    9) eclipse restart and ask for settings darkest dark theme
    10) workspaces opened with the darkest dark theme from dev style
    11) I’ve opened a new local terminal (default encoding is UTF8)
    12) new local terminal open with encoding ISO 8859-1
    13) Created new workspaces
    14) I’ve opened a new local terminal (default encoding is UTF8)
    15) new local terminal open with encoding ISO 8859-1

16) configured eclipse to use the standard dark theme (not devstyle)
    17) I’ve opened a new local terminal (default encoding is UTF8)
    18) new local terminal open with encoding ISO 8859-1

19) from eclipse marketplace I’ve uninstalled devstyle
    20) eclipse remove devstyle and ask for restarting
    21) eclipse restart with the standard dark mode
    22)the previuos opened local terminal is ISO 8859-1

11) I’ve opened a new local terminal (default encoding is UTF8)
    12) new local terminal open with encoding UTF8

From what I’m experiencing seem that the presence of the devstyle plugin is causing the problem with encoding.
    as soon I uninstalled the plugin, the issue has gone.
    Let me know if you need I make some other tests or if you need more information

#673898 Reply

Aaron Lara

Thanks for the detailed tests. Based on your results I agree that the presence of the DevStye plugin might be causing this issue. I will need a little bit more time to try it also on ubuntu.

In the meaning time, do you sharing your errors log file located at your workspace/.metadata/.log? I just want to see if there’s any error related to this issue.

#673899 Reply

Aaron Lara

alef75, I have just reproduced the issue thanks to your details. It turns out the bug is present in the CodeTogether plugin (shipped by default in DevStyle) and I was testing with just DevStyle. I have already reported the issue and it’s going to be worked for the next CodeTogether release (early next month).

Right now the only workaround to this issue (if you don’t use CodeTogether), is to uncheck the DevStyle with CodeTogether bundle during the installation and only install DevStyle.

I will let you know when this issue is solved. Thank you very much for reporting it!

Have a great day!
    Aaron Lara

#673913 Reply

alef75
    Participant

Hi Aaron

Thank you, I’ve uninstalled codetogether as suggested, now all work fine.
    I will reinstall it as soon as the new release with the fix will be available.

thank you again
    Alessandro

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Eclipse CDT 2020-12 terminal encoding and backgroud colour

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in