facebook

Eclipse startup slower with DevStyle

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

m4rtin
    Participant

This issues appear on the PC at my company – Apknite. Since I installed DevStyle, Eclipse is starting really slowly. It opens up my workspaces fast and when I select a workspace it just stops for a while.

Only happens with DevStyle and I tried reainstalling it and it didn’t work.

Anyone know a solution maybe (I really like DevStyle so I would not uninstall it if not needed)?

#620698 Reply

support-swapna

m4rtin,

Thank you for working with DevStyle and liking it. Sorry that you are seeing this problem.

1. Can you please check if you see the same problem with a new empty workspace as well? If yes, then please share the workspace log which is located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us investigate further.

2. Can you please clarify approximately how much time does it stop once you select a workspace? If you could get 3-4 thread dumps during the period during which workspace does not response or is slow, that would help us figure out what process is running. To take a thread dump, you will need to run
    jstack -l 9000 > dump1.txt
    Please replace 9000 with the PID of the Eclipse process, the jstack program can be found in the bin directory of any JDK installation. If you can generate 3-4 dumps (sent to different files, of course) during the period of slowness, and attach those files here, that could help a great deal.

3. Please also share with us your OS and version details and OS theme details if any set.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. We hope to figure out the issue soon.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#620705 Reply

support-swapna

m4rtin,

In addition to the above clarifications, can you please also check if you can replicate the problem with enhanced startup experience turned off?
    To turn if off, please go to Window > Preferences > DevStyle and uncheck ‘Use the Startup Experience’.

Please also clarify if you see the issue when you have a default workspace set when starting Eclipse.

Thanks in advance.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#620747 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Sorry to keep adding solutions to this thread, but we have one more suggestion that we feel might be more likely to be responsible for the slowdown. Do you have the DevStyle Icon Designer installed? To check, go to Help > Install New Software and click the “already installed” link at the bottom. Then type “DevStyle” in the filter, and see if “DevStyle – Icon Designer” shows up in the list. If it does, uninstall it and restart. Does this improve your startup performance?

#621666 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Just checking – if you were able to uninstall the Icon Designer as suggested by Brian and if yes, does that improve the startup performance?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Eclipse startup slower with DevStyle

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in