facebook

Eclipse too many error

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

gorand
    Participant

Hellow!
    The eclipse a lot of mistakes when I run the cleanup of their project (see attachement images and log file).
    It is necessary to remove these errors.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #514692 Reply

support-swapna

Gorand,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the screenshots and the log file.
    I could not replicate the issue at my end.

To rule out project specific issues, can you please send us the project to help us replicate the issue at our end?

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#514696 Reply

gorand
    Participant

No, I can not send you a draft. Let’s look for other options for correcting mistakes, I’m interested in this. For example, I can make videos, or screenshots (if I manage to do this until the error has disappeared).
    As I understand these errors <null> damage the operation of webclipse in some files and it starts to buggy, so for example I recorded a video for you: https://youtu.be/k9yl9fjdIVw
    In this video, you can see that webclipse does not see the closing bracket ); – when I erase it and put it back – then he does not see the semicolon (I did not have time to write down how he cut off the first letter of the word ImgSmile and said that there is no variable named “mgSmile”).
    So if you work long hours (more than 2 hours) then eclipse starts constantly running GC to clear Heap Memory. (That is, the bar jumps from the minimum to the maximum and back – if you do nothing, everything hangs).
    I often have to restart eclipse for normal operation.

#514854 Reply

support-swapna

Gorand,

Thank you for the details and the video. I have filed this issue for investigation with the dev team.

Can you please give us some more details?

1. Please share with us the version of Webclipse you are working with. Go to Help > About Eclipse > Installation Details > Installed Software tab. Scroll down and paste the Webclipse Version details. Also share with us the Eclipse version details.

2. Can you please try increasing the memory value (-Xmx) in the eclipse.ini file located in the Eclipse installation folder and see if it fixes the issue with Eclipse hang?

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#515025 Reply

gorand
    Participant

Eclipse version: Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Neon.2 Release (4.6.2)
    WebClipse auto updated: now 2017-03-09 version is 1.7.2.201703081933
    eclipse.ini: old values: -Xms256m -Xmx1024m, new values: -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    I install plain eclipse for java developers, and only 2 plugin: 1 – GreepConsole, 2 – WebClipse.
    (see attached images)

Attachments:
    #515182 Reply

support-swapna

Gorand,

Thank you for the details and the screenshots. You will have to increase the -Xmx value instead of -Xms.
    Do you see the issue with closing bracket and semicolon in the latest version as well?

If possible, can you please check if you can replicate the issue with any of the example projects from the Webclipse Dashboard(‘Ready to try a capability’ section) ?

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#515287 Reply

gorand
    Participant

This problem appears quite rarely even on my project. I can not emulate it at any time. I see a lot of errors while working, some of them are WebClipse, and some of them generate Eclipse. For example, today there was an error when I was working with an HTML file (see the webclipse141.txt file). I do not know whose fault it is; look, maybe it will help you.
    Regarding the memory increase, this is not a memory shortage problem, it seems that Eclipse enters the backslash cycle, and generates a lot of objects in memory – then deletes them and again generates them. It is necessary to find out what exactly loops because before installing WebClipse this was not.

Attachments:
    #515407 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

gorand,

Sorry you are continuing to see issues.

You don’t say what you were doing at the time of the NullPointerException error but the stack trace would suggest that this is an eclipse problem.

Regarding the memory problem,

1. do you see any background tasks running when the cycling garbage collection events start happening? Obviously, this is a difficult issue to replicate at our end, if it only happens after a couple of hours of working, so as much information as possible will help us track this down.
    2. You say this didn’t happen before you installed Webclipse but were you working with the same projects before installing Webclipse?
    3. Are there particular actions you have taken to stop this GC cycle (maybe closed editors, opened a new workbench window, and so on)? Presumably restarting eclipse is a workaround, though not a very satisfactory one. Is there anything else you’ve tried?

Please get back to us on this.

#515416 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

gorand,

Thanks for your reply.

So you’ve been working with the same projects, using tools provided by the standard eclipse JEE package, before installing Webclipse. Which tools, provided by Webclipse, did you then start using with those projects? I’m just trying to get an idea of what may be executing at the time the GC cycle started. Does that GC cycle happen regardless of what tools you’re using on those projects?

I look forward to seeing the video when the GC cycling happens again.

#515427 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

gorand,

Thanks for the videos. I’ve updated the fault report with the video links, to help developers investigate.

As mentioned before, it would really help if we could get a project that shows these problems, as we haven’t yet been able to replicate the issues. So, would you be able to put together a sample project that produces the errors and attach it or send it in a private message?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Eclipse too many error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in