facebook

eclipse webtools-project now live

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Eclipse News
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

hi all,

here’s the link of the official announcement
    http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/index.html

greets
    alexander malic

#210601 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very cool, thx for the link.

#210644 Reply

Ivar Vasara

Given the year long discussion on getting things started, I’d seriously question if they’ll have anything usable by 2010.
    ..Or, to be fair, may that was the just the bureaucratic tape slowing down an elite team of ninja coders who have been working in secret for the past 18 months !

#210651 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I have it on good authority that no ninjas were working on it. 🙂

Just remember that just in case, as a fluke, something useful does emerge, we’ll be productizing, integrating, and shipping it with our team of ninjas very quickly. 😉

#210660 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Management got us all pairs of ninja hoods and plastic swords, so we are very ‘into’ the ninja theme now.

#210750 Reply

snpe

There is initial contributions (wtp and lomboz) now
    It is cool : jsp 2.0, outline, refactoring
    xml outline, xml catalog, dtd and xml schema use
    format xml and jsp
    database explorer
    ….

download is > 50mb

regards

#210751 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Don’t worry, we already started banging on it 😉

#210762 Reply

Lomboz contributions!!!???? 😯

PB

#210770 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Fear not. We’ve already seen them and decided they “weren’t for us”. The IBM contributions look interesting to us, however. You guys can sit back, relax, and wait for us to integrate the juicy bits for you and deliver it with a nice bow on it. Afterall, that’s why you paid us the $30, right? We’re out there doing the “dirty work”. 🙂

#210803 Reply

Phew….nice one…

Keep it up, and you’ll get another $30 (or whatever it is by then) from me when my sub runs out.

8)

PB

#210836 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

@support-scott wrote:

Fear not. We’ve already seen them and decided they “weren’t for us”. The IBM contributions look interesting to us, however. You guys can sit back, relax, and wait for us to integrate the juicy bits for you and deliver it with a nice bow on it. Afterall, that’s why you paid us the $30, right? We’re out there doing the “dirty work”. 🙂

The best 30 bucks I’ve ever spent. seriously.

#210839 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Nabil,

The best 30 bucks I’ve ever spent. seriously.

Thanks! By the way, I dropped by the iraqilinux.org site recently — it looks like you’ve been quite busy. And, thanks for deciding on English over Arabic. 😉

#210847 Reply

@support-scott wrote:

for all the people thinking that webtools can replace the “enterprise workbench”:
    i was some weeks ago on the eclipse-conference in heidelberg/germany. there was also some guy from the webtools-project. and he said that they are not delivering all the tools. they just want to make something like a sdk, platform for standardisation and a more easy creation of tools for j2ee/web-development.

and i also think that “Enterprise Workbench” is the best integrated j2ee/webtools-project. it will always be some steps ahead to the others.

keep on rockin guys.
    some things i am missing is (more tutorials, more documetation)
    support is great.

#210849 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Alexander,

Thank you *very* much for the kind words and the vote of confidence. Some may not know it, but Genuitec is helping drive some of the standardization efforts in web tools, particularly around the project structures and their flexibility. We’ve been listening to all of you for the past year and know that a flexible standard in that area is critical for adoption of any new tool since you’ve already got source layouts set in your version control systems. Think of us as *your* representatives.

some things i am missing is (more tutorials, more documetation)

I’ve been told that this will *finally* be addressed for 3.9. We’ve now come to realize that many more people would probably use our tools if they could only figure out how much they do. 😉

support is great.

Naturally, I’ll forward this to our boss. 🙂

#210850 Reply

snpe

The best part of webtools are editors – it is great
    xml,jsp,html with outline, preview,jsp 2.0, validation,formating etc
    Database explorer is bad and very slow

If You integrate editors in MyEclipse then MyEclipse will be great (now is great, too)

Please, don’t change exitsing plugins like debug, debug.ui, gef etc
    I don’t underastand reason for change debug plugins – debug in webtools with tomcat work great with existing debug

regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Reply To: eclipse webtools-project now live

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in