facebook

Eclipse: White labels over icons in Darkest Dark Theme

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

your-theme-is-buggy
    Participant

In eclipse (version 2019-06) on Windows 10 the folder won´t be displayed correctly. They have white labels over some folder names. (look at the attachment) This label disappears, when you move the mouse over it.
    Also the icons for the project folders are the default png´s. (also can be seen in the picture)
    This happens if you restart eclipse for the SECOND time after installing the theme and the icon designer.

This makes the theme unusable!

#617634 Reply

your-theme-is-buggy
    Participant

see the attachment

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #617636 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem. Thank you for the details and the screenshots.

1. Can you please clarify if you are seeing the problem with modified resources that are under a version control like Git?
    2. We will look into it, but can you please move the Package Explorer view to a different location i.e move it from the leftmost part of the view, restart the IDE and see if it helps?

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with the suggestion.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#617638 Reply

your-theme-is-buggy
    Participant

Hi,

1. The icon of the project folders is always the default eclipse icon and not from the theme pack. But you are right: The white labels only appear under projects which are connected to git. It doesn´t matter, if they are modified or not, though.
    2. Moving the package explorer to a different view doesn´t change anything.

With an older version of eclipse everything worked fine. Not sure what messed up the theme in this version…

#618010 Reply

your-theme-is-buggy
    Participant

Any fixes or solutions for this problem yet?

#618013 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

The dev team is working on it currently. We will keep you posted about the fix soon.
    Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#618014 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Can you please try this workaround and see if it helps? :

Go to Window > Preferences > General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts and try modifying the color for Uncommitted Change (Background) in the Git section. You can try tweaking the colors for other entries depending on where you are seeing the white background for Git related files.

Please let us know how this works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#618030 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! We have a fix for our next release. Would you be so kind of trying it out for us? Just to make sure it solves your issues.

To do so:
    0. Shut down eclipse.
    1. Download and extract the attached plugins.zip file.
    2. Copy over the jar file into your eclipse/plugins/ directory and make sure you override the other one with the same name.
    NOTE: If there was no existing jar with the same name the patch won’t work. If you installed Eclipse using the oomph installer the default location for the plugins folder is <home>/.p2/pool/plugins/.
    3. Start eclipse and make sure the icons are correctly replaced and the white background color in eclipse explorer is also gone.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #618055 Reply

your-theme-is-buggy
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for the fix.
    The problem is, that the bug doesn´t appear anymore (since 2 days), which is odd.
    Nevertheless: I copied the jar in the directory and there were no issues aswell. Now I don´t know, if it solved it completely or if there will be the same issue in some time.

#618075 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! Although your case might be a little different, the issue was originally exposed by having a default workspace or having disabled the workspace prompt at eclipse startup. Is there any chance that was your case but then you switched to having the prompt on?

Anyway, it’s good to know you don’t have the issue anymore. The fix is pretty safe to have.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#618141 Reply

your-theme-is-buggy
    Participant

Hi,

my workspace prompt was enabled and I didn´t have a default workspace.
    Nevertheless I only had one active workspace, which maybe has the same effect. Now I have two.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Eclipse: White labels over icons in Darkest Dark Theme

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in