facebook

ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

keith
    Participant

I have started in the last couple of days getting “ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined” errors whenever I try and do something related to Codemix in Eclipse.

My storage option for CodeMix extensions is set to /users/kp/.codemix – and I do have write access to that directory.

I tried updating to the latest version of Eclipse, but that made no difference.

I am running Codemix version: CI 2019.10.29 and Eclipse 2019-12 (4.14.0)

This is the error generated in the log when I try and start live chat
    ———
    !ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code 1 0 2020-06-18 15:42:55.187
    !MESSAGE Trying to get authentication key from the saved credentials for user ‘kp2’

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livechat.ui 4 0 2020-06-18 15:42:55.196
    !MESSAGE ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined.
    !STACK 0
    com.genuitec.eclipse.code.common.GenuitecCoreRTException: ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined.
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.D.A(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.D.N(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.D.J(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.D.J(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.D.G(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.C.getFirstUsage(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.ViperCore.getFirstUsage(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.personal.PersonalAuthentication.A(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.personal.AbstractResponse.B(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.personal.PersonalAuthentication.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.personal.PersonalAuthentication.from(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.personal.PersonalActivationRecord.getStatusOf(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.personal.PhoningHomeJob.C(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.personal.PhoningHomeJob.validateToken(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.vU.rT_tm2n15k3h125251(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livechat.ui.views.LiveChatView$5.run(LiveChatView.java:530)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
    ———-

#660165 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Keith,

We’ve made a few fixes to issues like the one you describe over the last few releases. Before we investigate further, could you please update your version of CodeMix (you’re running a release from last year) and let us know if you still run into this?

#660166 Reply

keith
    Participant

In the past Codemix has always applied its own updates.

I did ask Eclipse to “check for updates” and it said none are available, but I got several errors in the log similar to the one below, but with different endpoints to the /updates URL.

—-
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core 4 0 2020-06-18 17:16:57.150
    !MESSAGE Provisioning exception
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.equinox.p2.core.ProvisionException: No repository found at http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/products/webclipse/updates/wc2017ci11b2.
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.repository.helpers.AbstractRepositoryManager.fail(AbstractRepositoryManager.java:396)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor159.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.util.ReflectUtil.invokeMethod(ReflectUtil.java:117)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.CachingRepositoryManager.fail(CachingRepositoryManager.java:353)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.CachingRepositoryManager.loadRepository(CachingRepositoryManager.java:244)
    at org.eclipse.oomph.p2.internal.core.CachingRepositoryManager$Metadata.loadRepository(CachingRepositoryManager.java:476)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager.loadRepository(MetadataRepositoryManager.java:105)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.LoadMetadataRepositoryJob.doLoad(LoadMetadataRepositoryJob.java:126)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.LoadMetadataRepositoryJob.runModal(LoadMetadataRepositoryJob.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.sdk.PreloadingRepositoryHandler$1.runModal(PreloadingRepositoryHandler.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProvisioningJob.run(ProvisioningJob.java:190)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository 4 1000 2020-06-18 17:16:57.150
    !MESSAGE No repository found at http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/products/webclipse/updates/wc2017ci11b2.

#660167 Reply

Brian Fernandes

We discontinued the evergreen updates for CodeMix in that very same release – however, you should still have been notified that an update was available.

http://downloads.genuitec.com/downloads/products/webclipse/updates/wc2017ci11b2 is an old update site for Webclipse that you can ignore.
    1) Go to Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites and find an entry for the above site, and remove it.
    2) Add the following update site: http://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/ci/ (this should already have been present, but do confirm)

If you check for updates now, you should see the CodeMix update. If not, install CodeMix again from the Eclipse marketplace – this will not do a re-install, but will update your existing installation.

Do let us know if this works.

#660168 Reply

keith
    Participant

The /updates/codemix/ci/ was not there and I added it. There was a entry for /updates/devstyle/ci/, just not codemix.

I was then able to do an install of newer CodeMix and angular components.

Upon restarting Eclipse it still shows that I’m running CodeMix CI 2019.10.29

When I go to reinstall codemix Eclipse shows that all items are installed under “AngularIDE by CodeMix” and “CodeMix Essentials”.
    I installed the “CodeMix Extended Suite” and the PHP “Technology Pack”.

Upon restart, the CodeMix preferences screen still shows CI 2019.10.29

#660181 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Keith,

The version displayed on that page comes from some metadata that may have not been updated.

1) If you check for updates again, are you offered any CodeMix updates? If not, you’re probably on the right version. We should be able to confirm this if you send us your bundles.info file that you can find in your installation’s configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator folder.

2) Is your original problem resolved?

3) Can you please send us a copy of your workspace log? That should help us figure out exactly what went wrong with the update processes.

Thanks!

#660184 Reply

keith
    Participant

When I go back to Eclipse updates it shows that I am up to date. I even tried turning off hiding installed versions and re-downloaded the latest CodeMix, but it would not install , saying that it was already installed.

1) I have 2 bundles.info files:
    /Users/kp/jee-latest-released/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
    /Users/kp/jee-latest-released/Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info

2) I still have the original issue.

3) Files attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #660186 Reply

keith
    Participant

Placing bundle.info files in a zip to see if the forum will allow the upload.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #660258 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Keith,

I’m sorry we missed your post over the weekend.

The bundles.info file in the MacOS folder does have references to the latest CodeMix version, while the one in the Eclipse folder has references to an older version. The MacOS folder is not even supposed to contain a bundles.info file, and this might explain the issue you’ve been having with the ECLIPSE_HOME undefined error – you have a corrupted base Eclipse installation 🙁

The update process was supposed to be straightforward, but has clearly led to more work and confusion. I’m afraid a better use of your time would be to wipe this Eclipse install, and install a fresh copy of Eclipse – a good time to upgrade to the latest 2020-06 release. You would then need to install CodeMix into that (and any additional plugins) and then open your existing workspace with this.

Sorry we weren’t able to offer an easier solution, I hope this gets you back up and running.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: ECLIPSE_HOME is undefined

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in