facebook

Errors running builder ‘DeploymentBuilder’ on project ‘XXXX’

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

support-tony
    Keymaster

lbkatz70,

This is quite a long thread with many posts about what has been done, what the symptoms were, and so on. Consequently, I’m not sure what you mean by “this problem”. It may be best to start a new topic and explain exactly what the problem is, with the steps to reproduce it, any useful screenshots, a relevant .log file (it’s best to attach it, rather than paste it, unless it’s small) and your installation information from MyEclipse->Installation Summary->Installation details.

If the problem is related to deployment, this is something you could try:

1. Shut down the workspace.
    2. Delete the file com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.prefs which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.prefs
    3. Start the IDE.
    #334349 Reply

Robert J. Muller
    Participant

I got the same DeploymentBuilder error just today, but for JBoss support; the Servers view wouldn’t display at all, error was the same: Null Pointer Exception.

I managed to fix this by going into the Configuration Center, removing the installed JBoss Support for MyEclipse in the Software tab, then going to the Dashboard tab and checking the box to reinstall that support module.

After restarting, the Servers view displayed and I hadn’t even lost the settings.

So I suspect some kind of corruption is happening, but I guess it can be fixed by just reinstalling the support module.

FWIW.

#334388 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

arabidopsis,

Thanks for posting a workaround. Hopefully, this will help others who experience the problem. If you get the problem again, please supply more information, as I mentioned previously, so that we have a better chance of tracking down the issue.

#335000 Reply

iloving

I am also running into this issue now, and it has brought my productivity to a standstill.

#335007 Reply

iloving

Somehow my websphere profile settings got wiped out. I went to my websphere server configuration (which was somehow empty), clicked Load Profiles, and everything magically became ok again.

Not impressed, but at least I’m moving again.

#335011 Reply

iloving

@iloving wrote:

Somehow my websphere profile settings got wiped out. I went to my websphere server configuration (which was somehow empty), clicked Load Profiles, and everything magically became ok again.

Not impressed, but at least I’m moving again.

Correction. I had to completely remove all traces of websphere server settings and re-add them again. Stuff just wouldn’t work right until I did.

#335033 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

iloving,

I’m glad you found a way to solve your problem. However, you haven’t given us much to go on and it’s not clear whether your problem is related to any of the issues on this thread. If it happens again, it would be helpful to start a new thread (topic) and provide as much information as you can about the issue, about your system and MyEclipse installation and if there were any system or WebSphere server changes since the last time it all worked OK.

#335079 Reply

gprest

I was able to resolve this problem by manually editing the .project file to remove the following entries:

<buildCommand>
      <name>com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder</name>
      <arguments>
      </arguments>
    </buildCommand>

<nature>com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.deploymentnature</nature>

I would suggest that the MyEclipse team implement a project validation routine that ensures all entries in the configuration files ( .settings/*, .project, .classpath) can be supported by the current version.

In the meantime, we can always use the Navigator view to perform this task ourselves.

#335119 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

gprest,

Thanks for posting this; hopefully it will help others with problems that are related to deployment issues.

Thanks for your suggestion, also.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Errors running builder ‘DeploymentBuilder’ on project ‘XXXX’

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in