facebook

Evaluations must contain either an expression or a block

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

jadeite1000

Hi:

I am using Weblogic 8.1, MyEclipse 5.1. I am using remote debugging. Which is Run/Debug/Remote Java Application.
    I can stepped through the code and see the values of the variables in the “Variables” tab.

But when I added a variable to the “Expressions” tab. I get the following error in the Expressions tab for the particular variable:

Evaluations must contain either an expression or a block of well-formed statements.

What do I needed to do to get the value of a variable in the expressions tab to work?

Yours,

Curious

#266298 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Curious,
    You mean for example, you can see a varialbe say “loginName” and it’s value “someguy@internet.com”, but if you type into the expressions box “loginName” you see that error instead of the value?

#266503 Reply

jadeite1000

@support-rkalla wrote:

Curious,
    You mean for example, you can see a varialbe say “loginName” and it’s value “someguy@internet.com”, but if you type into the expressions box “loginName” you see that error instead of the value?

Yes, I can see the value of the variable in the “variable” tab for debugging.
    But I cannot add the variable and see it in the expression.

#266509 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very strange, I’ll file a bug report to have this looked into.

#280816 Reply

I have the same error with Version: 6.0.1 GA, Build id: 6.0.1-GA-200710. Was there ever a solution found for this error?

#280825 Reply

Riyad Kalla

ludben,
    I thought we had knocked this one out. Which version of WebLogic are you using?

#296489 Reply

I’m periodicaly experiencing that sort of problems – ME can’t evaluate any correct expression (class field for instance) in expressions and display panels at the time when it can inspect variables.

I remember experiencing that with ME version 5. I haven’t came across the problem with regular Eclipse.

#296511 Reply

support-joy

vladimir.kovalyuk,

I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue. To investigate this further, can you help in reproducing this? For starters
    1. Copy and paste your installation detail. You can get it from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Detail
    2. What is the version of your application server?
    3. Can you attach your log files located at [myeclipse installation directory]\.metadata\.log
    4. Can you write in detail the exact steps to reproduce this error? Be super expressive.

#297233 Reply

The problem is easily observed when stepping into any generic method (or generic class). Evaluation of expression works well when stepping in non-generic method.

#297234 Reply

support-joy

vladimir.kovalyuk,

Can you give us an example, so that we can reproduce at our end? If you can share your file, it will be good. You can either PM me or send a mail to support@genuitec.com with the subject line as ATTN: Joy and please refer to this thread here.

Thanks for your help.

#297235 Reply

I tried to reproduce the problem in the project created from scratch but evaluations worked well. From the other hand the problem is constantly reproducible with the real project. It demands extra time to figure out how to set up an example project.

Thanks for the instant reply.

#297236 Reply

support-joy

vladimir,

Thanks for your help. We have tried several sample projects and are unable to reproduce at our end. If you can give us pointer and share a sample project which can help us reproduce at our end, we can quickly initiate trouble-shooting. I understand you have time crunch, whenever it is feasible, please revert back with an example.

Best.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Evaluations must contain either an expression or a block

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in