facebook

Exception when saving in html or jsp editor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

augustientje,
    No ETA set by developers yet but I’m adding *all* this information to the bug so the devs know it’s high priority.

#257558 Reply

jameszhu

I’m having exactly the same problem here. Everytime(yes, everytime) when I try to save a jsp file I’m told ‘Save Failed: NULL”. My Spec:
    Ubuntu 6.06.1
    MyEclipse 5.01GA + Eclipse 3.2

please have this fixed, this is a showstopper.

#257576 Reply

Riyad Kalla

james,
    I have reproduced this problem, out of curiosity, if you do this before manually launching eclipse from the command line:

export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=""

and the design comes up, does the saving work then?

#257583 Reply

jameszhu

If launched with ‘export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=””‘, there’s no such ‘Save Failed’ error, it works well. (BTW, my JVM is Sun JDK 1.5.0_08)
    Since you reproduced this problem, when can we expect a 5.02 release? I believe this problem worth a standalone bug fix release.

#257939 Reply

henk

Is there already some progress on this? I’m on Windows, so I don’t think the ‘export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=””‘ makes any sense for me (?)

#257946 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It has been targetted for the 5.0.2 release, no news yet from dev team.

#257948 Reply

henk

Ok, great to hear its atleast clear on your radar 🙂

Waiting for 5.0.2…

#258006 Reply

Aspartam

Im also experiencing this problem, i just installed eclipse 3.2 and myeclipse 5.0.1 on a clean machine. This error occured in the first webfile (myJsp.jsp) but not on the second (Test.jsp) or the third (test3.jsp). Seems rather random, but also rather annoing.

#258010 Reply

Riyad Kalla

That is very strange, Aspartam. Do you have the designer enabled?

#258032 Reply

augustientje

If Aspartam did a clean install of MyEclipse 5.01 and experiences this problem too, then atleast we’ll know the problem isn’t caused by the 5.0 -> 5.01 upgrade (as was suggested above as a possible thing to investigate).

#258034 Reply

Riyad Kalla

augustientje,
    That is one concern, but if I have a clean install here that I can reproduce this problem with readily *if* I disable the designer. What I’m worried about is people with the designer enabled that sometimes see it/sometimes don’t… that will make it harder to track down and we don’t want to release 5.0.2 and not have this fixed for everyone.

#260361 Reply

arjan.tijms

To follow up on this bug, I have an issue that is probably related. I’m using the export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=”” trick, but quite often when I save in a JSP editor, Eclipse crashed with a signal 11 and terminates the VM. I tried with a couple of different VMs among which JDK5 U8 and JDK6 B2 but I see the same behaviour everytime.

It happens right after I type ctrl-s, although when I restart Eclipse I notice the file in question had been saved prior to the crash. I also notice that, just like the Save Failed:NULL bug, a lot of .[jsp file name]_wd3_init.html are created in my workspace.

I’m running on Debian Etch, Eclipse 3.2, MyEclipse 5.01.

#260388 Reply

DIS

I’m running with windows xp.

Eclipse version 3.2.0 Build M20060629-1905
    MyEclipse version 5.0.1 Build 20060810-5.0.1-GA

When I open files with ‘visual html designer’ I would get a tab but the screen would be blank. So I restarted with -clean and that got the designer working but now I get errors every time I try to save or create a file.

Creation of element failed. org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.HistoryStore2.<init>(Lorg/eclipse/core/internal/resources/Workspace;Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IPath;I)V

Any ideas?

#260389 Reply

DIS

I found the restart with -clean and then restart with
    eclipse.exe -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide -vmargs -Duser.language=en -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Dosgi.splashLocation=”<path-to-myeclipse>\eclipse\MyEclipseSplash.bmp

but it still doesn’t work. All has been working fine for some time until I decided to fix the problem with ‘visual html designer’. Looks like a bad decision.

#260405 Reply

Riyad Kalla

DIS,
    Try creating a new workspace. That error is a platform level error, not a MyEclipse error. That’s never a good sign regardless of the feature that’s not working.

For testing, go to File > Switch Workspace > C:\tempworkspace, hit Ok to restart. Now create a new Web Project and drop a HTML page in there nad open it, does it open in the designer without a problem?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Exception when saving in html or jsp editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in