facebook

expandable tree view icon alignment at high DPI [Fixed]

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

ryandague
    Participant

Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
    Version: Neon.2 Release (4.6.2)
    Windows 10

On 200% scaling (192 dpi) the tree view icons do not line up correctly. The arrow to expand does not match up with the clickable hotspot. I can sometimes see a blue arrow partially covered up by the white triangle. Any icons in those rows often overlap the text as well.
    These problems does not occur on light color schemes, or at 100% scaling (96 dpi)

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by ryandague.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Aaron Lara.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #513235 Reply

support-swapna

Ryan,

Apologies for the delayed response.Thank you for the screenshots.
    The dev team is already looking into it. We will keep you posted about the fix schedule.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#513657 Reply

Aaron Lara

ryandague, Good news. We already have a fix for this issue and it will be available in a hotfix this week. This fix will work at 200% scaling only. We couldn’t make the fix perfect (like working in other scaling values) because there are other issues inside eclipse that make it hard 🙁

We will let you know once the fix is available. Cheers!

#513725 Reply

ryandague
    Participant

Excellent, so far this is the only major issue I have encountered. Otherwise, it is a huge improvement over the built-in dark theme, especially on high DPI monitors. I look forward to this fix. Keep up the good work!

#514090 Reply

support-swapna

Ryandague,

The hotfix release, Webclipse 2017 CI 3a is out. Please update from menu Help > Check for Updates and
    let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#514100 Reply

ryandague
    Participant

I am running into a couple of issues.

In certain collapsible trees, the native Windows scrollbar appears and the window seems to freeze and not response to mouse events.

This seems to occur when I expand an item and it causes the dialog to resize.

The example I am including shows the Processor Include Paths page:
    – properties for c++ project -> C/C++ General -> Preprocessor Include Paths -> GNU C++
    – Expand tree for Sync CC Built-in Compiler Settings
    At this point the arrow indicating the subtree reverts to a black arrow and a native horizontal scrollbar appears at the bottom.
    Clicking on any item seems to have no effect, but I am still able to scroll with the mouse wheel. The vertical themed scrollbar does not seem to work either.

I seem to be in this frozen state until I close the properties dialog.

The second issue I ran into was in the general Preferences dialog. It seems to function correctly when I first open it. (Although if you look closely, you can see the left edge of the letters are cut off near the arrow)
    To cause the error:
    – Open Preferences
    – Expand any item
    – Select a subitem
    – Click ‘OK’
    – Open preferences again
    Here it remembers the preferences page I was on, so the tree is already expanded. At this point, the black arrow appears next the white outline arrow

Attachments:
    #514361 Reply

support-swapna

Ryandague,

Sorry that you are seeing problems. Thank you for the screenshots.The dev team is already working on the fix which is due soon. We will keep you posted about the fix schedule. Thank you once again for reporting them.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#518012 Reply

Aaron Lara

I’m really sorry for the delayed response, I lost the track of this post. But the issues you listed are solved. Also we are now on CI4 Relsease. Why don’t you give it a try? It has lots of improvements.

Cheers!

#528431 Reply

ryandague
    Participant

This error seems to have returned with the latest release. This issue was fixed in earlier releases. I am running Eclipse Oxygen with Windows 10 at 200% scaling. I am only noticing it in a few places, unlike before. It is most noticeable to me in the Build Targets view. I have included a screenshot to show.

Attachments:
    #528486 Reply

Aaron Lara

@ryandague, Thanks for reporting this issue. We are currently working on a fix and we will let you know once it’s released.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#529461 Reply

ryandague
    Participant

The latest update fixed this for me.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

#529547 Reply

Aaron Lara

Excelent news! Thanks for let us know.

Cheers,
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: expandable tree view icon alignment at high DPI [Fixed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in