facebook

Explorer icons styling reset when sts restarts

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sreekeshd
    Participant

On abrupt closure of STS, styling of all explorer(project explorer, package explorer, script explorer) icons reset to previous color.

Unable to apply DevStyle icons once this happens. The only possible solution seems to be clearing .eclipse folder in directory and re-install of DevStyle theme.

OS version:
    NAME=”Ubuntu”
    VERSION=”16.04.5 LTS (Xenial Xerus)”
    ID=ubuntu
    ID_LIKE=debian
    PRETTY_NAME=”Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS”
    VERSION_ID=”16.04″
    HOME_URL=”http://www.ubuntu.com/”
    SUPPORT_URL=”http://help.ubuntu.com/”
    BUG_REPORT_URL=”http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/”
    VERSION_CODENAME=xenial
    UBUNTU_CODENAME=xenial

IDE details:
    Spring Tool Suite
    Version: 3.9.5.RELEASE
    Build Id: 201807031753
    Platform: Eclipse Photon (4.8.0)

DevStyle
    Version: 1.11.0.201809060834

Screenshot attached.

#599038 Reply

sreekeshd
    Participant

Saw that the upload failed just now, re-attaching file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #599042 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

sreekeshd,

Thanks for the full information. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to replicate on a similar set-up.

Can you confirm what you mean by “abrupt closure”? I’ve tried killing the java process but don’t see the icons being reset. If you have an eclipse error log from the time that this happened, please attach it here.

I’m not sure why deleting the .eclipse folder would help; is this just what you tried before uninstalling DevStyle? If it happens again, could you try using a fresh workspace, to see if that helps? If it does happen again, perhaps you could keep the eclipse error log to send us.

Is the abrupt closure likely to happen often on your system? I’m just trying to ascertain the urgency of trying to find and fix the cause of the problem.

#599309 Reply

sreekeshd
    Participant

Hi Tony,

I am able to reproduce the same behavior if I use xkill on STS. I believe when we reopen STS after a crash, the previously saved icons of packages are not loading correctly.

Unfortunately, I do not have the earlier logs with me. I have attached the most recent log file when the issue was successfully reproduced. The last action performed was xkill on STS(done manually at the moment to replicate the issue, but usually STS crashes because of some memory issue).

Attaching the latest log file.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by sreekeshd.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #599354 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Thanks for the log file. I see there are NullPointerException (NPE) messages logged in a number of places though it’s not clear that they are after the previous session was abruptly ended each time. However, there shouldn’t be an NPE, so I’ve logged a fault report for our development team to investigate. There are other odd errors there too (such as locked files and missing files), which may have a part to play.

If it happens again, please attach the log file, with an indication of when the abrupt termination happened, to allow us to match it to the log.

Sorry about the inconvenience; would upgrading to the latest STS release help with the frequent crashes?

#599401 Reply

sreekeshd
    Participant

Hi Tony,

Really appreciate your timely response to the issue I raised. Thanks a lot.
    I’ll send over the log with the details of failure of STS next time it occurs. Thanks again for looking into this issue. 🙂

I shall try upgrading to the latest STS version meanwhile to check if the crash issue is resolved. Thanks for the suggestion.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Explorer icons styling reset when sts restarts

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in